Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
The Aramark Parks and Destinations Guest Service Representative (GSR) provides the first line of customer service to our valued guests. GSRs answer incoming phone calls from guests relating to reservations and customer service inquiries. This position is both a sales and a customer service position.
- Qualify guest needs and sale potential, present targeted solutions to close the sale.
- Overcome objections effectively.
- Provide excellent guest service to each caller, always striving for first call resolution.
- Maintain product knowledge through the effective use of training provided, SMS HOST (reservations system), documented reference materials, Aramark Parks Web sites and Aramark's intranet sites.
- Quote accurate rate and inventory availability.
- Successfully follows quality assurance requirements in handling guest inquiries and sales calls.
- Suggest alternatives to guests when inventory or rate related events inhibit a guest from making a buying decision.
- Utilize up-selling and cross-selling techniques whenever possible to achieve the highest average revenue-per-call possible.
- Process all reservation requests, changes and cancellations according to established policies and procedures; inputs group rooming lists as requested.
- Utilize approved telephone etiquette procedures while maintain a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
- Communicate regularly and work cohesively with reservations supervisors and reservations manager to ensure highest level of conversion and sales effectiveness exists.
- Resourceful in gaining answers to guest questions as efficiently as possible.
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Other duties as assigned
- Stock and inventory retail space as needed
- Status and Scope:
- Reports to Operations Manager
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (some college preferred) with 2 or more years in customer service, hospitality, sales or call center experience is required.
- Effective verbal communication and listening skills.
- Customer focused sales skills.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Internet browser, hotel systems experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, complaint resolution and negotiation skills.
- Self motivated and quick to learn.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, busy contact center environment.
- Flexible scheduling required.
Computer, Fax Machine, Telephone, SMS
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
SEDENTARY - Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying small items (files, manuals, binders)