About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter
Aramark Engineering Solutions (ES) provides a variety of architectural and engineering consulting services including energy management, capital project management and building commissioning for educational, cultural, government, healthcare, and private institutions. This talented team uniquely positions Aramark to assist clients in assuring that their assets are optimized and their costs appropriately managed. We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition in the market place. You'll be working with a dynamic team with an impressive track record with $7 Billion in projects commissioned, $3 Billion in capital projects managed and over $400 million in energy savings. (www.aramarktechservices.com)
Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for managing multiple capital infrastructure (primarily MEP) and energy savings performance contracting construction projects from detailed design through bidding, construction, and closeout. Projects are expected to be primarily in and around the City of New York (NYC), however workload may require travel to other geographies across the country.
The SPM establishes and maintains effective working relationships with client facility managers and end users. Key to maintaining those relationships is regular communication of the project(s) status through meetings, along with written and verbal updates of the project(s) budget and schedule.
The SPM will utilize support from internal and external technical support groups as required in the support of the projects. The SPM is responsible for managing all assigned capital project(s) and representing Aramark’s and the Client/Owner’s best interests in controlling project costs while delivering quality construction to meet or exceed the expectations of the client.
- Manages Aramark’s Infrastructure and Energy (I&E) design/build projects from the design phase through construction final completion.
- Works directly with clients, customers and all pertinent City and State departments and agencies to manage all required approvals in the design and construction phases and navigate all aspects of project permitting and New York City and New York State regulation requirements.
- Acts as liaison with design consultants, contractors and the Client to ensure each project is being implemented to the satisfaction of the Client.
- Works with Aramark’s I&E project development team to assist with identifying contractors and engineering firms best suited to meet the needs of projects in the development phase. Assists with reviews of designs, scopes of work and cost estimates provided by the project development team.
- Interfaces with client facility users to evaluate facility needs and develop capital improvement project scope of work.
- Assist in the development of project capital budgets and manages budgets for design and construction services performed by consultants and contractors.
- Reviews and approves purchase orders, contract change orders and consultant and contactor invoices.
- Maintains records of approval and updates project budgets accordingly.
- Administers professional consultant contracts working with Aramark’s financial and legal teams.
- Administers construction and/or vendor contracts working with Aramark’s financial and legal teams.
- Works with the Client and end users to transition projects from the construction to facility operations.
- Utilizes E-Builder project management software to track all project activities for assigned projects and prepares reports to monitoring schedules, budgets and contract compliance.
- Assists in the development of Aramark I&E processes and internal infrastructure to enable the efficient and effective management of construction projects.
- Mentors other project managers with lower levels of experience and expertise.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a significant understanding of New York City building codes and construction compliance requirements.
- In depth understanding of the design and construction contracting processes.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and expertise in working with diverse groups of individuals and building partnerships.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects, and prioritize assignments in order to provide a high level of service to clients.
- Must be an effective communicator, written and oral, capable of addressing large audiences including committees, high level administrators and other project stakeholders.
- Exceptional judgment, integrity and discretion, and demonstrated ability to think strategically, and delivery tactically.
- A working knowledge of building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety, roofing and building envelope components.
- Willing to travel daily to projects located in the metro New York area and use personal vehicle for local travel from regional office with mileage reimbursement. Some travel out of the New York area may be required as well.
Education / Experience:
- Experience, 10-15 years of project management experience in facility and/or capital construction management on institutional and/or commercial building projects.
- Experience working with NYC DOB, highly preferred
- Facilities Management experience a plus
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering is a plus.
- Experience with energy savings performance contracts a plus.