Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Aramark Uniform Services (AUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 400,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, AUS works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. AUS operates from over 200 locations nationwide and has an immediate opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Specialist in Lexington, Kentucky.
Our Lexington, KY location is growing! The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for the analysis and collection of assigned accounts receivable portfolios for Aramark Uniform Services (AUS) customers, as well as ensuring that assigned customer accounts are reconciled and accurate to facilitate timely collections inside established payment terms in a call center environment.
- Performs day-to-day activities that ensure effective account management of assigned collection accounts.
- Reviews open A/R for all assigned accounts and prioritize collection activities to maximize cash collections.
- Communicates via phone conversations, email, fax and letters with customers concerning status of invoice payments.
- Performs reconciliations for assigned accounts to maintain accuracy.
- Follows up on collection calls with customers (external and internal).
- Interfaces with Sales, Operations and Finance departments to resolve billing, collection and credit issues.
- Establishes strong working relationships with field team to support collections efforts.
- Works with customers and field operations in a proactive manner to resolve discrepancies.
- Reconciles account status using current and historical invoicing and payment activity analysis.
- Liaison with cash operations regarding cash application specialist to research and reconciles misapplied or payment issues.
- Resolves all overdue account balances, unassigned cash and payment discrepancies through research, communication and follow up with clients or field operations.
- Prepares delinquent accounts for placement with outside collection agencies per AUS policy.
- Monitors changes in customer financial status and payment patterns.
- Audits and maintains customer accounts to make sure terms are accurate and customer profiles have current information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
A High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Two plus years of credit and collections experience is preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High level of organizational skills, integrity and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills working with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
- Knowledge of Oracle.
- The ability to prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently as well as be part of a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with others.
- Supports and participates in the Company's quality standards with a continuous focus on customer service.