Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Management position, responsible for developing and executing warehouse solutions. Offers a wide variety of warehouse solutions to meet customer and client needs.
- Leadership: Leverage Aramark's coaching model to engage and develop team members to their fullest potential. Reward and recognize employees. Ensure individual and all team performance meets objectives and client expectations. Plan and lead daily team briefings. Ensure safety and sanitation standards in all operations.
- Client Relationship: Identify client needs and communicate operational progress. Deliver and model WEST as foundation for excellent customer service.
- Financial Performance: Ensure the completion and maintenance of P&L statements. Deliver client and company financial targets. Adopt all Aramark processes and systems, understand performance metrics, data, order and inventory trends; educate teams on key levers to improve margins.
- Productivity: Create value through efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management. Comply with the Operational Excellence fundamentals by meeting and maintaining labor initiatives. Ensure entire team is trained and able to execute. Supervise team regarding efficent and safe operations and quality customer service.
- Compliance: Facilities Services
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Commissary by effectively managing Warehouse Supervisors, Leads, Drivers and Warehouse Workers. As a leader in the operations function; develops; implements and drives strategies to achieve Company and client objectives. Coaches, trains and develops front line personnel to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of performance. Leads Recognition and Safety culture and utilizes operations leadership skills to enhance client partnerships. Troubleshoots and resolves safety, service and other operational problems in collaboration with warehouse and administrative functions.
- Responsible for managing to ensure operational excellence in all warehouse areas, efficient operations of warehouse inventory management system (WIMS) and related equipment; inventory is received and issued appropriately and efficiently and safely processed in the warehouse in accordance with all established business process compliance SOPs.
- Assists GM or AGM with the evaluation of the effectiveness of and recommends alternatives for work methods, procedures, controls and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement and processing of product; manage to ensure warehouse layout is optimally aligned for maximum efficiency.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and counseling of Warehouse staff to provide ongoing support and development. Leverages leadership skills to set goals for front line teams and provides regular performance feedback utilizing all management resources available to include work-with observations.
- Ensures daily operations are maintained as scheduled. Maintains all business records, documentation and administrative standards as required to include personnel records, train deliveries, product and asset inventories, DOT requirements. Directly responsible for labor management of team to include schedule adherence (Kronos), overtime management and wage & hour compliance.
- Models, leads and inspires safety leadership, and all key initiatives relating to our core values, to create a positive Commissary work environment. Owns and fosters effective communication at all levels of the organization.
- Assists GM, AGM and/or Sr. Operations Manager with operational, people and process and service related objectives to drive continuous improvement and efficiency; leads associates to anticipate and solve problems and plan for upcoming events, seasonal changes, etc.
- Coaches, trains, and develops employees informally and through formal training programs, providing both informal (e.g. on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g. written evaluation) job performance based feedback. Ensures compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreement, Disciplinary Guidelines and Attendance Policy.
- Ensures a culture of safety first throughout the organization by following Aramark safety commitment, policies and procedures. Monitors safety, physical security and operational metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Performs other administrative and operations duties as required.
- Requires at least 2 -3 years of relevant experience leading an operational team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Key experience in the following categories is an asset: customer service leadership, foodservice or route sales operations, performance management, training and development of front line personnel.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to obtain DOT certification to operate DOT regulated vehicles.
- Client interaction, communication, organization/time management, multi-tasking, detail-oriented, accuracy-driven and proficient computer skills are critical to the success of this role.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently is important as well.
- Must have familiarity with inventory control procedures and experience handling perishable products.
- Industry background to include vending, food service, route distribution (e.g. uniform distribution or customer products), retail.
- Must be able to work various shifts.