Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Senior District Marketing Manager is responsible for implementing and executing marketing programs which support growth, client retention and improved profit margins in several accounts within one or more districts as well as working on high level projects within the region. This position helps to support all critical business initiatives including sales growth, market penetration, customer retention, quality image, improved margins and market share for their account(s) and Aramark. This person is responsible for the supervision of a select group of marketing professionals within their districts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Process Management, Financial Analysis, Written Communication, Social Media Marketing, Negotiation Skills, Presentation Skills, Financial Acumen, Collaboration
Base Business Growth:
- Responsible for driving base business growth programs including those in the Executional Framework and other strategies to improve market penetration and increase voluntary meal plan penetration/sales throughout designated accounts. Ensures promotions and other initiatives are implemented across accounts.
- Ensures Executional Framework focus areas are executed across the accounts.
- Responsible for writing Account Growth Plans and Client/Annual Business Reviews in conjunction with operations. Ensures implementation, measurement, and tracks results.
- Responsible and accountable for results entered into Meal Plan Analytics database.
- Develops systematic approach to implement and track marketing projects for region and corporate teams.
- Maintains and shared region best practices in conjunction with Regional Marketing Director.
- Responsible for driving change that results in profitable base business growth for the accounts and clients.
- Interacts with client and maintains effective client and customer relations.
- Looks for opportunities to implement new products and services which support sales growth and client retention.
- Ensures marketing managers (i.e. direct reports) are fully trained and equipped with all necessary programs, systems and tools to be effective in their roles; provides continual performance-based feedback to assist in career development.
- Ensures necessary training and support are provided to the accounts and that brand standards are fully executed at all identified points of service, resulting in sustainable growth in sales, customer satisfaction and increased profits.
- Manages student marketing intern(s) to ensure all programs are executed.
- Manages student peer to peer groups to ensure implementation of voluntary meal plan sales targets.
- Works collaboratively with Channel Growth team to implement national programs.
- Supports managers with administration of marketing, Service Excellence, and Suggestive Selling training/development programs for employees.
- The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 3 years of marketing experience