Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The Executive Director of Retail will have oversight of nearly 25 retail accounts encompassing $100 million in revenues. This role develops strategic relationships and programs for retail operations including pricing matrix, national purchasing opportunities, distribution, rebates, external and internal communications and supplier affiliations. Assures best available products, supplies and services, in addition to required quality and service specifications, maintains relationships with clients/vendors. This role will function across all sporting and cultural attractions venue locations with a base location to be determined.
- In conjunction with Senior Management, assists in development and implementation of new “prototype” store concepts and experiences. Through unit visits and critiques, directs the retail operations in obtaining their goals and budgets Sales, per caps, RPT, Market Share productivity. Directly responsible for approval of annual retail business plans including revenue, COS and profit plans. Inventory mix, control and turnover. Store appearance/merchandise presentation. Supports new store openings/remodels
- Reinforce and maintain established retail policies and procedures as they relate to Retail Pro, or equivalent system reporting, inventory process, open to buy and inventory levels. Work with unit management and IT to standardize use and maximize capabilities of Retail Pro, or equivalent
- Provide direction on all aspects of eCommerce. Development and implement standards of quality and performance in all phases of operations. Execute business plan and marketing objectives to maximize revenue.
- Perform staff assessments
- Serves as a communication liaison for operators and company strategic goals, best business practices, new ideas and market trends.
We are seeking a minimum of 6-10 years retail experience. Experience operating in a multi-unit destination retail environment with similar oversight highly preferred. Experience in sports preferred.
- Experienced in the Retail business development and management of multiple retail shops, emerging trends and concepts. Retail brand experience is important. Experienced in the development of gift stores and specialty concepts.
- Experience handling licensed merchandise. Knowledge of category management, merchandising/retail marketing strategies with the ability to increase per capita (enplanement) spending.
- Ability to develop new retail concepts and prepare concept for implementation. Knowledge of trends and changes in retail landscape.
- Effectively demonstrates creative and innovative strategies for maximizing profits in non-traditional business lines.
- Demonstrates a high level of computer literacy, particularly as it relates to retail sales, cost tracking, inventory control, payroll and accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Retail Management or similar preferred.
Minimum travel of at least 50%