Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s Healthcare Technologies business is the largest independent provider of healthcare technology management solutions in North America, providing tailored solutions for Clinical Equipment Optimization, IT Integration, Capital Planning and more. Through our world class Technology & Innovation Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, we underscore our commitment to providing customers with deep technical expertise and insight-driven innovation. Learn more about us by watching this video and visit us on the web.
The Sourcing Specialist procures repair parts for Aramark Healthcare Technologies while ensuring the best price, quality, service, and delivery terms to meet customers’ needs; interacts daily with field staff; negotiates with suppliers; interacts with purchasing, field leadership, and accounts payable; provides input regarding opportunities to reduce costs, improve service, and drive productivity; conducts root cause analysis and implements corrective action.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: List the principle on-going responsibilities that are necessary to accomplish the purpose of the job.
• Receives parts request(s) daily through phone and/or web based request queue; creates and processes order(s) to meet customer request dates; requires verbal and written communication with suppliers, and often requires communication and follow up with field staff
• Ensures compliance with regional and national vendor agreements
• Provides proactive follow up for issue resolution(s) for both internal and external customers
• Answers incoming calls and qualifies customer needs; call topics include but are not limited to: part request(s) (to include emergencies requests), order delivery information, general inquiries
• Seeks opportunities to reduce costs associated with procuring and distributing parts
• Identifies alternative sources of supply that meet price, quality, and service expectations
• Assists in resolving PO issues and/or exceptions
• Manages relationships with suppliers; negotiates price and communicates service and quality concerns
• Assists accounts payable team with PO issues and/or exceptions to ensure timely shipment of orders from suppliers
• Other duties as assigned, to include On-Call rotation every for four to six weeks and ad hoc project work
• Operates in an ethical manner and in compliance with Aramark’s Business Conduct Policy