Reporting to the AVP, Global Procurement - Indirects & Capital, this position is responsible for global management of the Facilty Management Services Category, including risk management, sourcing strategy development, supplier selection, contract negotiations, supplier relationship management, reduction of total cost of ownership and day-to-day execution.
The primary objective of the Director is to deliver a predictable, competitive cost structure and bring consistency in quality and assurance of supply in support of Aramark’s objectives.
The Director must be a strategic leader who possesses a hands-on approach, with the ability to establish and surpass challenging goals.
Specific Responsibilities of the Category Director, Global Procurement, are:
- Develop and implement strategies on a global basis that minimize exposure to risk and pricing volatility including cost/benefit analysis of contracting directly with service providers and manufacturers;
- Lead the creation and execution of cost savings and innovation pipeline programs through effective management of strategic suppliers and internal cross-functional teams;
- Analyze Facility Management Services purchases and implement changes to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Company’s purchasing capabilities;
- Evaluate existing processes and implement value-added changes for identifying, evaluating, optimizing and selecting potential suppliers, and negotiating favorable business terms and service level agreements;
- Develop ongoing analyses of relevant direct and underlying supply markets;
- Develop and implement strategies that minimize exposure to commodity volatility (direct and indirect supply markets);
- Independently execute strategic sourcing methodology (Seven Steps)
- Manage strategic supplier relationships and supplier development
- Support Source-to-Pay and audit processes
- Work collaboratively with the Category team, the Business Units, Operations and Center of Excellence teams to identify and align on strategic initiatives that drive productivity, innovation, and revenue generation;
- Work collaboratively across the Global Supply Chain and Procurement organization and Suppliers in support of the development and implementation of the broader transformation platform, including design structure, SKU rationalization, globalization, and innovation.
- 7-10 years of procurement experience, leading buying categories in large scale organizations and large amounts of spend with a minimum of 5 year experience managing a global category and a minimum of 3 year experience in Facilty Management Services Procurement;
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and managing strategic sourcing programs and strategic supplier relationships within the Facility Management Services industry;
- Must have experience in conducting comprehensive supplier analysis and screening, analyzing supplier proposals and using decision-making tools/models, including financial and non-financial criteria, to support the buying teams in negotiations and facilitate award recommendations;
- Accomplished in working within a matrix environment, build strong cross-functional and cross-regional relationships.
- Critical to success is the ability to develop and apply strategy, as well as flawlessly execute on the day-to-day tactical requirements
- A strong acumen in strategic sourcing of services, with extensive negotiations experience
- An influential leader with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strategic outlook with the ability and willingness to execute at the tactical level;
- An innovative approach and collaborative style, with the ability to establish strong relationships and navigate across all functions of the organization
- Excellent computer and analytical skills
- An effective change leader who can build internal relationships and be viewed as a value-added business partner
- Multi-lingual a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A MBA or Masters in Supply Chain is preferred.