Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
- Provides leadership and direction to ensure the successful delivery, implementation, administration of DOT policies, procedures and best management practices.
- Administrator of the Company’s DOT Drug & Alcohol testing program.
- Monitors and maintains the DOT driver qualification program to ensure compliance for CDL and NON-CDL drivers.
- Complete incoming previous employee verification request for drivers.
- Audit, maintain and ensure driver time-keeping and hours of service logs are accurate.
- Maintenance and retention of all DOT program documentation as required by law.
- Ensures proper follow-through on all commercial vehicle accidents which includes accident investigations, recording of all DOT recordable accidents and ensures DOT post-accident testing is administered.
- Review accident files for determining preventability and in preparation for presenting to the accident review committee when review is required.
- Oversees the vehicle maintenance program to ensure compliance with the DOT regulations.
- Ensure the Company’s CSA scores and associated BASIC information is accurate. Recommend action plans when improvement/correction is needed.
- Administrator and oversees the telematics program.
- Performs regular reviews of changes in state and federal regulatory standards in order to develop, recommend and implement new and up to date policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Make recommendations to senior leadership for improving fleet safety.
- Communicate effectively with all organizational levels on DOT safety and compliance issues.
- Ability to develop, coach and mentor direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or 5 years Transportation Safety Management experience
- Strong knowledge of the Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSA)
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- A Certified Director of Safety (CDS) or other Certification in DOT and FMCSA requirements is desirable.