About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Grounds Keeping employee performs general maintenance and repair service. Responsibilities include work on basic fixtures and equipment, general grounds keeping and painting. Machinery operation may be required. The Grounds Keeping employee should have some expertise the above trades.
- Responsible for general maintenance repair of structures and equipment.
- Capable of providing finish level painting tasks, via brush, roller, and air assisted spraying equipment.
- Performs basic maintenance services as they relate to the outdoor facilities to repair and maintain furniture and fixtures.
- Capable of using power tools associated with the grounds keeping trade.
- Operates company vehicles and other heavy equipment, including, but not limited to: golf carts, trucks and vans.
- Responsible for maintaining the grounds around the facilities, including, but not limited to: parking lots, sidewalks, walkways, etc.
- Able to frequently ascend & descend stairways while carrying objects occasionally in access of fifty pounds.
- Requisitions replacement and/or new parts.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as required or as requested.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or can be accessed at dpr.web.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings.
- Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by dept. managers for each dept. during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings.
- Employee will have no less than 1 performance review per year to include an evaluation of performance standards as they relate to work instructions addressing their department’s environmental aspects. Employee will be aware of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance.
High school degree or equivalent desirable. College education preferred but not required. CPR certification preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge of basic fitness and recreation principles and strong people skills.