About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Warehouse Worker II is responsible for the expedient and accurate handling of merchandise into
and/or out of the warehouse facility and to the train. General Warehouse duties occur within the assigned area of warehouse operations, and the position supports all areas of the warehouse as needed.
- Assembles supplies and equipment requisition for delivery to cars per Amtrak's Par's.
- Delivers food, supplies, ice, linen and other materials to train.
- Picks inventory as instructed.
- Responsible and accountable for the stocking and accurate documentation of all inventory
- Utilizes inventory control/ (FIFO) rotation procedures to minimize condemn-age waste.
- Participates in daily/weekly/monthly inventory counts.
- Load and Unload products and materials from truck, and/or railcar.
- Move products and materials to warehouse storage.
- Operates tugs on client property.
- Complete daily logs.
- Communicate with employees from other shifts.
- Supports catering and special events.
- General warehouse work as assigned.
- Participates in daily shift briefings.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Works in Cooler and Freezer.
- Uses PCs, hand-held computers or other such devices.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures
- Meet accuracy and production standards.
- Comply with all OSHA and MSDS Standards, and all Company work rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional attitude among co-workers and visitors to the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Warehouse Supervisor or Warehouse Manager with significant interface with General Manager, Office staff, Client and Customers.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery.
- Ability to lift up to 50 – 100 pounds.
- Position requires repetitive motion, overhead reaching, working in both extreme heat and extreme cold.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to push a warehouse cart of approximately 600 pounds
- Must posses a valid driver license.
Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 100 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted. Will be working in walk-in refrigerators and freezer units.