About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: This position is primarily responsible for small equipment repair, laundry of cleaning supplies, and warehouse organization/maintenance.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with Supervisor and Nutritional staff for the purpose of resolving equipment problems.
- Installs system component parts (e.g. refrigeration systems, plumbing, electrical and gas kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and workable environment.
- Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
- Monitors kitchen equipment and refrigeration units for all school sites (e.g. observes and listens to equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that items are operating in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs a variety of preventive maintenance activities (e.g. filters, belts, thermostats, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining items in an operative and safe condition.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, open/punch list, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Prioritizes work orders (e.g. importance, location, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring equipment is repaired in an efficient and effective manner.
- Repairs a variety of commercial kitchen system components for the purpose of ensuring items are in a safe working condition.
- Requests equipment, parts and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- Safe and efficient operation of motor vehicles
- Must possess a valid Driver's License; CDL Driver's License may be required
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years driving experience
- Small equipment repair experience required
- Must be able to read and follow instructions
- Average communication skills (oral and written) are needed