Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The IT Project Leader for Master Data Management (Master Data Management and Administration) will assist in the development a new function within Aramark IT that will partner with business leadership to define a data governance capability, program, and tools for managing the standardization, delivery, and administration of data as a strategic asset. The primary responsibility will be to control the Master Data Information Lifecycle from data acquisition through use, archival and disposition.
This individual will possess excellent business acumen, as well as proven experience in successfully driving projects and delivering significant business impact. The Project Leader will collaborate closely with other IT departments and system owners, as well as clients and business owners. Excellent leadership, communication and relationship skills and analytical capabilities are key to the success of this role.
Reporting to the Director, Master Data Management and Administration, the Project Leader will be counted on to complete short and long term deliverables for the organization’s technology needs and goals that align with the Mission, Vision and Focus of the organization.
- Execute tasks and complete deliverables for projects within Data Management that improve data standardization, data accuracy and data integrity.
- Collaborate with business leaders to define master data management strategies and execute on these strategies.
- Collaborate with management to resolve conflicting business requirements relative to master data management and administration.
- Collaborate with the business to define master data management hierarchies, dimensions and lookup values.
- Assist in the administration and governance of master data.
- Assist in the quality assurance testing of master data changes in corporate source systems.
- Collaborate with the other Master Data Management team members to understand data structures in corporate financial and source systems.
- Collaborate with other Data Management team members to ensure alignment with reporting, KPIs and data warehouse strategies and implementation.
- Create and align with change execution plans, ensuring a smooth migration from old systems or processes to new ones.
- Perform data analyst functions, including importing, cleaning, transforming, validating or modeling data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes.
- Execute key initiatives and ensure adherence to SDLC methods and practices.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current and evolving technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate management on their competitive or financial impact.
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE / EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and skills
Requires 3 (or more) years of data analytical experience in an IT, field or functional capacity.
- Proven experience leading large and complex projects and environments.
- Ability to analyze a problem and pick the best and most cost-effective solution.
- Ability to solve problems outside of the initial area of expertise.
- Experience with SDLC methods and practices.
- Ability to present to and interface with customers, both business and IT, in order to counsel, recommend and implement successful, cost effective IT solutions.
- Strong business planning skills to assist with the execution of strategic projects with implications for business areas with rapidly evolving business processes. Posses a balanced perspective on strategic and tactical issues.
- Understanding of PMI standards to manage projects through the project lifecycles of initiation, planning, execution and closure.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university ideally with a concentration in IT or (related discipline / equivalent work experience); an advanced degree is desirable, but not required.
The Project Leader must be self-confident but also have the ability to network and influence behaviours/actions through listening, persuasion and diplomacy. She/he should have well developed management and people skills, as well as strong analytical and reasoning skills. The successful placement must have a strong sense of commitment to the company and the position, and be enthusiastic about the opportunity to make a substantial contribution to its continued growth.
- A leader with business savvy who possesses the maturity, drive, patience and knowledge necessary to work throughout the organization to lead the building of a world-class technology organization.
- A team player who collaborates well with peers, subordinates and superiors.
- An effective communicator who thinks strategically and has a strong customer service orientation.
- Independent thinker; capable of managing vendors and peers
- Action oriented; not afraid to roll up her/his sleeves and get into the details of a business.
- Participative management style – advocates team concept.
- Sound judgment and good communication skills; able to communicate effectively with both internal management and external providers/suppliers.
- Articulate manager who understands the business and can talk about it both internally and externally.
- Effectively deals with ambiguity and holds him/herself accountable regardless of responsibility.
- Drive changes by influencing others and explaining the benefits of a given course or action