Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for assisting in all accounting functions including payroll, payroll discrepancies, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. This position is also responsible for the tracking of absences, tardy clock-ins and early clock-outs as related to the Collective Bargaining Agreement on site. The Payroll Specialist must act with integrity and strictly adhere to all accounting policies and procedures for auditing purposes and to ensure the financial success of the business. This position will assist the Unit Controller with various projects and will report directly to the Unit Controller.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Accurately inputs data corrections, vacation, PTO, Holiday, salaried employee wages, etc
- Ensure compliance with all applicable employment/payroll laws and regulations
- Full understanding with applicable on-site CBA as related to payroll and other applicable areas
- Ability to fully execute applicable CBA guidelines as related to payroll and other applicable areas
- Assist in making calls to departments on campus concerning past-due accounts receivables
- Assist with Accounts Payable PO Process for both Aramark PO’s and client PO’s
- Key in invoices using the Manager’s Toolkit/Accounts Payable System
- Ensure all invoices are paid on time
- Make calls to the unit managers to make sure all invoices for the week have been turned in
- Complete wage verification forms
- Set up new vendors as needed
- Ability to consistently follow-up on outstanding tasks
- Financially responsible office supply ordering
- Maintain a professional image
- Ability to lift at least 20 pounds
- Involves repetitive motion
- Ability to be sedentary for period of time
- Ability to type proficiently
Additional Job Functions:
- Special accounting projects as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong math skills, counting and cash handling skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in accounting
- Prior experience in a high-volume/fast-paced environment required
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with a strong attention to detail
- Background check required
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds professionally to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Adept at Excel including formulas, pivot tables and comfortable navigation in program
Work Environment: Manufacturing environment.