Accounts Payable (AP) Vendor Control Team Lead function for Aramark’s North America Business Service Center is responsible for supervising and overseeing the daily workflow of the Vendor Control team, maintaining approval hierarchy, managing 1099 reporting, and resolving escalated issues.
- Provide strategic goals and targets to GBS Vendor Control staff. Lead team members to complete their work: review contracts and other documentation to determine appropriate payment terms, review and verify tax payer information via the IRS website and resolve exceptions and disputes.
- Prepare monthly Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports for Executive Management and review daily metrics for work performed by team members to ensure Service Level Agreements are achieved.
- Participate on cross-functional teams as a subject matter expert related for Vendor Control processes.
- Manage and coach team to perform accounts payable vendor control functions efficiently and effectively.
- Identify, research, recommend, develop and implement improvements to existing systems and procedures relating to Vendor Control functions.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders and vendors to ensure issues are identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage 1099 reporting and forward 1099 reports and reporting activity to government authorities.
- Ongoing maintenance of SOX control narratives, ensure compliance with key controls, and provide support for internal and external audits as needed.
- Coordinate, integrate and review the work of Senior/Junior Analysts on the team, provide training to team members, keep them informed of current issues, prepare performance reviews, and provide direction on team goals and objectives.
- Assist team with reviewing requests for additions/updates to the vendor master for validity and accuracy.
- Lead Vendor Master Consolidation project by identifying duplicate records, researching vendors, and contacting internal/external customers when needed.
- Work closely with Aramark Treasury, AP COE, PMO and GBS leadership staff to ensure effective implementation of initiatives around payment terms, electronic payment methods, and on-going centralization and standardization of Accounts Payable functions.
Status and Scope:
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel in a multi-national organization and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently to resolve daily issues and generally understand and participate in resolution of more complex issues.
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, creative thinking, good business judgment, strong organizational and communication skills are all required to meet strict deadlines and manage other projects.
- Must be a strong team player and leader, highly motivated, and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
- Ability to assist staff in reacting to changing demands and priorities in a customer service driven atmosphere.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external parties, including field and corporate staff, customers, banks, vendors, accountants, and auditors while providing excellent customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in accounting activity is preferred. Must have familiarity with general accounting concepts and processes.
- Experience in a shared services center environment preferred.
- Ability to embrace and adapt to change and a positive, can-do approach to the job is required.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, creativity and flexibility.
- 2+ years of previous supervisory experience required.
- Solid understanding of Accounts Payable systems and processes.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office (e.g., Excel, Visio).
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials is preferred.