About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Scope: Event Coordinator will be responsible for professional facilitation of services and accurate execution of given client meetings and corporate events located in all the managed event areas and conference room spaces.
- Event Coordinator must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to provide prompt responses to clients.
- Ensures exemplary customer service throughout the event planning and execution process.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Reports to Business Center Personnel providing assistance as needed.
- Responsible for accessing, understanding and maintaining EMS System.
- Work closely with End users to coordinate client and room requests.
- Create and provide room layouts or work orders for each customized event as requested.
- Ensure all Aramark and client policies and procedures are followed at each event.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating the logistics (setups, vendors, Plant Engineering, audio-visual, custodial, etc.) of meeting and events at World Headquarters Main Office and Basset Creek Facilities.
- Occasionally supervise large events indoors/outdoors as well as Auditorium, Atrium Spaces including but not limited to the Cafeteria and Patios.
- Ensure Safety Procedures and Practices are adhered to.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) of clients, banquet staff, and other employees.
- Must possess general knowledge of food and beverage and service procedures, generally involving two (2) years previous working experience in food and beverage sales.
- Must be able to deal with guests courteously and efficiently.
- Must be able to lead, motivate, and relate to others.