About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark Uniform Services (AUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 400,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, AUS works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. AUS operates from over 200 locations nationwide and has an immediate opportunity for an Associate Staff Accountant in Burbank, CA.
Write journal entries and ensure all monthly information is received and processed for Uniform Services month-end close. Prepare accurate and timely financial statements and reports. Perform basic accounting analysis. To distribute financial statements within the department and the entire company, as well as provide general support for the financial department.
Essential Functions: THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Generate wire transfers to fund various bank accounts. Must be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Prepare journal entries for various accruals, actual expenses, reserves, cash activity, etc. Clearly document sources of data and reasoning for entries.
- Reconcile various bank accounts. Prepare and maintain various excel worksheets to assist Senior Staff member with complex bank reconciliations.
- Respond to market centers and vendors regarding problem resolution and research to Accounts Payable. Process debit memos, payment corrections and check backup
- Perform and reconcile bank deposits records.
- Perform daily stop payment activity and bank exceptions. Be able to communicate with bank partners to resolve issues with bank files or requesting assistance for other bank related issues. Perform other bank online functions.
- Maintain accurate reporting when there are changes with market centers rollups.
- Analyze trends, write accrual journal entries, reconcile reserves for specific overhead locations. Isolate and report on p/l impact of transactions booked after preliminary close to determine company’s final EBIT.
- Complete adhoc reporting to support business analysis questions. Develop skills to extract and sort information posted to g/l using Oracle financial tools. Use spreadsheets and text to explain variances.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities enumerated above.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field
- 2 to 5 years prior accounting experience;
- Spreadsheet experience required;
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Oracle Financials knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Excel with basic formulas
- Problem Solver; Organized, Flexible self-starter