Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Leads and trains all personnel and assists with the responsibilities of Yosemite Mountaineering School (YMS) guided activities, Nordic ski school, tubing operations, rental equipment, retail program, and Glacier Point Ski Hut operations. Assists YMS Director in various administrative duties.
1. Able to perform all jobs within Nordic Operations.
2. Accurately answer questions about everything available at Nordic, including all winter and summer operations of YMS. Accurately answer all questions about Nordic trails and the ski huts and Backcountry skiing in the YSSA area. Accurately answer questions about waxes, waxing, and waxing conditions for Nordic skis.
3. Accurately answer YMS email and phones.
4. Mount Nordic Bindings and perform repairs and advice for Nordic skis.
5. Assists with the oversight of YMS guided backcountry skiing and hiking programs, Nordic Ski School, Tubing, Retail, and rentals programs.
6. Responsible for staff training and scheduling.
7. Responsible for snow grooming decisions, including GP Ski Hut guests stay/go/rescue due to weather, in Directors absence. Responsible for communications with NPS and Ski Patrol as needed.
8. Responsible for ensuring guide competency in requirements of YMS operating plans, guide manuals, NPS interpretive guidelines, leave no trace protocols, wilderness first aid, and Aramark policies.
9. Understands and able to use all computer systems pertinent to YMS operations, including POS and SMS Host and Resort Scheduling.
10. Book and manage Glacier Point Ski Hut reservations.
11. Responsible for communication with the ski hut regarding guest needs and safety concerns.
12. Responsible for assisting with and facilitating ski hut operations including inventory and ordering needs of the Hut Keeper, and compliance with food safety, Aramark kitchen policies and Q/As.
13. Assists YMS Director with comparability studies, and Wilderness and special use permits.
14. Performs other related duties as required.
15. Assumes management role in the absence of the Director.
16. Resolve escalated guest issues.
17. Assigns daily tasks to Nordic staff and ensures that the tasks are performed correctly and in a timely manner while maintaining safety and high standards of customer service.
18. Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy.
19. Maintain a daily bank and be accountable for all transactions.
20. Handle cash, traveler's checks and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner.
1. Degree in related field preferred and a minimum of (6) month's supervisory experience required.
2. Must have ability to work varied shifts from several Yosemite locations.
3. Wilderness First Responder and CPR Certification required.
4. One-year professional guiding experience required. AMGA Certification preferred.
5. Professional ski instructor experience and PSIA Certification preferred.
6. Must have strong verbal, written, computer, typing, and interpersonal skills with a high level of concentration and attention to detail.
7. Requires the following physical demands: Sitting walking, skiing, bending, stooping, reaching, seeing, hearing and speaking. Must be able to hike with backpack at least 10 miles at high elevation.