About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Engineer - Lake Tahoe Cruises - Zephyr Cove
Position Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to help oversee the cleanliness and safety of all vessels, crew and guests. This person will work with Port Captain, Captain Engineer, Cruise Manager, Boat Supervisor, and culinary team to ensure the highest level of customer service, safety and sanitation.
- Maintain engineer logs pertaining to all vessels.
- Have a good understanding of electrical, mechanical, diesel engines, and fluid systems.
- Have daily meetings with Captain.
- Complete work orders and return to Port Engineer.
- Comply with fueling and pump out procedures.
- Do start up and shutdown as shift requires.
- Do vessel underway check and logs.
- Conduct daily maintenance of vessels and log.
- Notify Port Captain need for oil changes and the need for fuel, oil, filters, hydraulic fluid, and racors.
- Assist management as necessary.
- Assist in boarding of passengers and passenger safety.
- Maintain a safe work and passenger environment.
- Project a positive and friendly attitude to all customers and crew.
- Work with Deckhands and assist where necessary.
- Assist in set up for special events.
- Constantly be aware of all conditions of vessels.
- Repair and notify captain of any safety discrepancy.
- Arrive neat and have a clean uniform.
- Be aware of schedules, duties, and logs (keep all current).
- Deal with all issues in a discreet manner (follow chain of command).
- Snow removal as necessary.
- Maintain all vessels in Coast Guard ready conditions.
- Maintain current First Aid and CPR approved cards.
- Maintain current TWIC card.
- Knowledge of diesel engines and hydraulic machines.
- Basic plumbing and electrical skills.
- Ability to prove eligibility to work in the United States.