Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Founded in 2008, LifeWorks Restaurant Group creates customized restaurants in office buildings that are unique to each client organization we serve. Our goal is to "Inspire Life at Work" and our chefs are dedicated to the creation of menus that use local ingredients to prepare sustainable, authentic dishes from scratch each day. From the beginning of each client relationship, the team at LifeWorks Restaurant Group establishes a transparency with its partners, from space design and delivery to the marketing of the final, branded product. For more information, please visit: http://lifeworksrestaurants.com
As a LifeWorks Regional Chef, you will support execution within our restaurants for a regional geography, to meet and exceed guest experience, operating and financial goals. You will be a culinary standards-keeper, a coach and mentor, new restaurant opener, and critical to the constant improvement of our culinary team. Key activities of this role include:
• New restaurant Development: Creating custom restaurants with unique menus, and the brand standards of outstanding service and scratch cooking with well trained, inspired teams
• Culinary Training: Coaching and teaching location level chefs to achieve culinary standards and develop an evolving pipeline of new talent for growth
• Keeper of Execution Standards: Ensuring brand standards are being met in existing locations through site visits and partnerships with on-site management teams
• Innovation Engine: Empowered to take a lead on culinary, menu and service innovation, working with collaborative resources to capture and leverage on-site innovations
Additionally responsibilities include:
• Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
• Ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to standards based on Business Dining Operation Excellence.
• Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities.
• Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food, select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus.
• Ensure culinary equipment is properly operated and maintained.
• Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
• Assist in supervision of kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, and initiating pay increases.
• Responsible for component menu planning, costing, and brand management.
• Ensure component compliance with sanitation and safety requirements.
• Coordinate activities with other internal departments and participates in management team meetings.
• Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization.
• Ensure standard of 90/10 rule is met in kitchen.
• Must have minimum two-year culinary certificate from accredited school or have related experience such as apprenticeship.
• Minimum of 10 years kitchen experience, 2 within an Executive Chef role
• Experience within a high volume environment - minimum of 1000 meals per day
• Prior experience developing and leading sustainable and healthy dining programs
• Excellent presentation and culinary skills
• Proven ability to teach and coach others within the kitchen
• Experience as an Executive Chef or Sous Chef within managed dining services highly preferred
• ServSafe Certified.
• Travel will vary between 40-70% based on business needs, likely 60% on average with home office days in-between
• Usual hours will be Monday-Friday, but some weekends will be required to open new restaurants, etc.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel via airplane, car or train, booking and completing own travel arrangements