About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Entry Level Position - must be enrolled as a student at UNLV. The primary responsibility of the Sustainability Intern is to support the on-site campus dining team in the process of developing and implementing sustainable dining practices. The intern is to provide the highest level of service to customers at all times. This position reports to the Marketing Manager.
Essential Tasks and Responsbilities:
- Increase awareness of sustainable practices within the University Dining Services.
- Work with the marketing department to develop and implement the “story” of sustainability to our customers.
- Track all local/sustainable food purchases.
- Host sustainable informational events in the dining commons to inform students about sustainable dining. (Weigh the Waste, Water Bottle Trade In, Etc.)
- Act as a liaison between Dining Services and students, faculty, staff and administration on campus. (Attend Sustainability Committee Meetings)
- Work with the UNLV Sustainability & Recycling Team to collaborate on event planning.
- Have knowledge of the services provided by University Dining Services.
- Have a desire to involve and educate the campus and the greater community regarding sustainability.
- Coordinate monthly promotions and newsletters regarding sustainability.
- Be innovative, creative, and a solutions-oriented team player.
- Have effective planning, organizing, and time management skills.
- Have a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak, comprehend, read and write English.
- Have computer literacy, including ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Constant Contact.
- Currently enrolled as a UNLV student.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months experience in food service.
- Currently studying or a strong desire to pursue a career in the marketing field.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.