Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
CATERING SALES ASSISTANT
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Catering Sales Manager with daily operational duties
• Respond to customer requests by mail, email, fax or phone on behalf of Catering Sales Manager
• Resolve routine administrative problems and answer basic inquiries
• Maintain filing and office services in accordance with standard operating procedures
• Produce and route catering proposals for both prospective and contracted clients
• Create, edit and distribute banquet event orders (BEOs)
• Work with facility Sales Managers to independently manage short-term bookings
• Coordinate event pre-planning details to ensure the successful completion of events
• Verify event details by cross-checking ARAMARK BEOs against facility BEOs and notify Catering Sales Manager of all discrepancies
• Process mail and log payments received
• Route copies of receipts and countersigned catering documents to clients
• Establish, maintain and update files, records and other documents
• Monitor status of event files daily and notify Catering Sales Manager of past due accounts
• Compile and distribute file audit weekly
• Compile and distribute the daily BEO change log
• Update and distribute the monthly events calendar
• Create and distribute menu cards, buffet signage, bar signage, bar tickets and meal tickets
• Deliver completed files to ARAMARK office manager
• Submit copies of BEOs from closed events to facility Sales Assistant
• Digitally archive captain’s reports, bar sales reports and concessions sales reports
• Maintain archived past event filing system
• Populate and update inventory of menu items in catering program
• Research event history for internal repeat groups and obtain information from other facilities regarding a client’s past F&B history
• Act as backup Catering Manager as necessary
• Work with Catering Sales Manager and General Manager on special programs or events as needed
• Contributes to department mission by completing varied tasks as assigned by Catering Sales Manager
• Assist other departments (office manager, banquets, kitchen) with projects as needed
No phone calls, please.
Compensation: DOE, hourly.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume via job posting..