About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position is 2nd Shift and hours included are from 3 PM to 7:30 PM.
Prepares and produces food items as required for both patients and cafeteria customers within the hospital.
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
- Prepares items following the recipe, with accuracy, speed, and the “clean as you go” philosophy.
- Weighs and measures all ingredients accurately following standardized recipes.
- Maintains high degree of organization and cleanliness throughout the cook’s area, including the reach-in and walk-in refrigerators.
- Communicates with tray line and cafeteria employees to ensure proper rotation of desserts and bakery items.
- Carries out proper storage procedures of raw and completed food items following methods to prevent cross contamination and preserve quality.
- Helps to ensure that all food items are on hand for appropriate meal periods.
- Communicates with appropriate service members when items are running low to ensure proper amount of time to replenish.
- Cleans/sanitizes utensils and equipment used during food preparation and cooking.
- Adheres to food safety standards.
- Adheres to all ARAMARK appearance standards and maintains a professional dress at all times while working.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent customer service
- Minimum 1½ years experience in the food service industry as a cook
- The ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- The ability to read and follow recipes
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Serve Safe Certified
- High School Education or equivalent
- More than 3 years experience in the food service industry as a cook
Work Environment: Back-of-house. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.