Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Clean Team Supervisor
The Clean Team Supervisor supervises employees to ensure work is completed to contractual scope and quality specifications and safety standards. Oversee Clean Team and provide leadership & guidance to ensure that all employees have the necessary tools, equipment t and supplies to perform the necessary service to meet the requirements of their jobs
- Oversee Clean Team and provide leadership & guidance to ensure that all employees have the necessary tools, equipment to perform the necessary service to meet the requirements of there jobs Maintain routine contact with direct reports to ensure a productive flow of two-way communication on issues and concerns.
- Enforce compliance with health and safety policies and procedures with crew members; ensure the timely reporting of non-compliance through proper Aramark channels.
- Ensure that all schedules and quality control expectations are met in accordance to contractual obligations.
- Monitor supply and equipment usage in assigned locations.
- Provide support to the team to insure that all employees are properly trained and are aware of the required duties they are expected to perform in their locations.
- Responsible for executing programs to improve employee retention
- Review employees’ performance with Facilities Manager.
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
Essential Job Functions*:
- Inventory: Ensure all facilities are stocked and that adequate supplies are on hand at all times.
- Payroll: Reviews daily labor for assigned Area. Assumes responsibility for properly educating team on payroll procedures and time clock procedures. Insures that no employee in delinquent on time edit slips.
- Policy: Responsible for adhering to and enforcing established company policy and making sure assigned subordinates do likewise.
- Customer Relations: Contact department managers to ensure services meet service meet standards and to correct any outstanding concerns.
- Personnel: Understand and use proper personnel management skills to resolve problems with employee and supervisory personnel.
- Schedules: Plans and organizes work routines and schedules for all cleaning personnel.
- Supervision: Carry out both positive recognition and disciplinary action as needed. Train subordinates as needed. Insures that team members have had the proper training per Aramark JV Training Guide.
- Inspections and Audits: Responsible for weekly audits in insure quality and goals are met and that cleaning logs are actuate and on schedule.
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum Qualifications: High school graduate or equivalent GED. Training in the cleaning industry or building management field is preferred.
- 2-5 Years previous cleaning experience desired but not required. Previous supervisory experience desired but not required
- Valid driver's license & pass Driving record check.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Spanish literacy skills desired. Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to write basic business documents in English.
- MS office software. Must be able to prepare basic Word and Excel documents.
Company Vehicle, Carpet Cleaner, Calculator, Hand Truck, Computer, Cart, Radio, Pallet jack
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.