Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Description – Reports to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and is responsible for supervising, preparing, and documenting complex financial analyses and financial projects for the sector. This position assists with the development, maintenance, distribution, and reviews of the annual operating plan, presentations, key management reports & financial analyses for Senior Leadership and field leadership to facilitate decision support, effective planning, financial performance and execution. In this capacity, the finance manager serves as a liaison to the regional and other support personnel in regard to budgets, projections and reporting policy and procedure and leads a team of analysts, working across enterprise and departmental lines as a business partner to lead in the improvement of process and efficiencies of the current financial and reporting systems.
- Supervises financial support positions.
- Reports includes a team of analysts
- Monitors, reviews and sets priorities of the team
- Coordinates the completion of key projects
- Sets goals and provides feedback on performance and development
- Develops business partnerships with other departments including OpX, IT, Marketing, Sales, Accounting, Operations and other Centers of Excellence and Lines of Business.
- Supervises the accuracy and completeness of various standard financial reports and analyses (e.g. Cash Flow, Monthly Close and Projection reports that include variance analysis and explanations for internal and external support)
- Is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the financial systems (InSight, CORE, PMD, etc.) through:
- Leading development of system enhancement projects
- Monitoring and reviewing system developments
- Providing financial and user feedback to the Systems Development Group
- Coordinating the distribution of the system
- Providing training to end users of the systems
- Monitoring and coordinating the data flow from the regions into the financial system
- Reconciling the compilation of the forecast data to the Annual Operating Plan and Forecast package
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of Regional and Corporate Ops Reviews
- Develops template for reviews
- Coordinates the distribution, timing, and collection of divisional sections
- Develops analyses and projections necessary for the operation of the Annual Operating Plan package, while preparing various forecast schedules
- Provide field guidance on revenue build, rate increases and targets
- Prepares, presents, and submits the Annual operating Plan to Group
- Conducts financial presentations to operations personnel as requested (e.g. regional and district meetings)
- Conducts financial training to other departments and personnel for new processes or procedures
- Develops relationship with accounting staff and key employees of other support departments
- Special projects and analysis as assigned by the VP Finance, AVP Finance, and Director of FP&A
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Must have a minimum 5-7 years of financial analysis experience with increasing levels of responsibility and a working knowledge of operations.
- Previous Supervisory and leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, the ability to influence without formal authority, sound judgment, the ability to learn quickly,
- The ability to adapt to new situations and interface with all levels of regional management.
- Proficiency with PC software applications is mandatory with advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint. PeopleSoft experience is a plus.
- Operational or field financial experience a plus
- Cross line of business experience a plus.