Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Essential Tasks, Responsibilities, and Deliverables:
• Maintain a positive attitude and smile
• Greet customers as they approach the cash register and be polite with customers during the transaction
• Must have knowledge of cash register, credit card machines, and Aramark cashier policy in order to effectively service the customer
• Must be familiar or become familiar with all menu items and pricing to effectively complete financial transactions and answer questions from customers
• Maintain an organized, neat and clean cashier station
• Stock service areas with paper goods, condiments, beverages, and food items as needed
• Count, organize, and balance the cash drawer; fill out the cashier slip; and make deposits while in the presence of a manager or supervisor
• Monitor theft in the location and report incidents to managers
• Assist with daily functions in the kitchen, food court, or dining room during down time
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
• Ability to understand and follow directions given by management
• Report safety hazards discovered in the location to management immediately.
• Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written – able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Basic mathematical skills are required – must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
• Previous Customer Service experience preferred
• Should be able to work all department shifts
• Basic understanding of cash handling
• Good customer service skills and a pleasant manner
• Good organizational skills