Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
We are currently seeking a Patient Advocate/Ambassador to support our patient satisfaction functions relative to support services. The Patient Advocate/Ambassador is responsible for successfully coordinating and directing all patient experience activities in collaboration with the management team at their assigned facilities. These support services functions encompass: tray delivery, patient meal preferences, patient education, patient survey processes, and quality assurance.
- Leadership - Leverage Aramark's coaching model to engage and develop team members to their fullest potential. Reward and recognize employees. Ensure individual and all team performance meets objectives and client expectations. Plan and lead daily team briefings. Ensure safety standards in all operations.
- Client Relationship - Identify client needs and communicate operational progress. Deliver and model WEST as foundation for excellent customer service.
- Financial Performance - Ensure the completion and maintenance of P&L or client budget statements. Deliver client and company financial targets. Adopt all Aramark processes and systems, understand performance metrics, data, order and inventory trends; educate teams on key levers to improve margins.
- Leadership - May manage as part of larger team or manage function independently and without direct supervision. Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least two full-time employees or their equivalent. Makes or influences employment decisions affecting the team, including hiring, promotions, and other changes in status. The ability to multi-task is a must.
- Conducts patient rounding, distributing contact information for each dept. and completes rounding logs
- Ensures patients know the names of the housekeeper and tray passer.
- Conducts spot training for food service and environmental service employees with direct contact to patients
- Conduct and prepare Data Analysis and help prepare action plans based on data collected.
- Provides direct information to supervisor and manager for service recovery.
- Participates in the gridding process.
- Attends and chairs meetings for patient satisfaction, nurse meetings, client meetings and others as appropriate..
- Attends department manager meetings and reports findings.
- Conducts nurse rounding and completes logs sending thank you notes as appropriate.
- Actively participates in Press Ganey tracking, posting of scores for HCAHPs and Press Ganey.
- Completes action item reports and all other necessary reporting dailly sending to all appropriate personnel.
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal nutrition care and meal service to patients/residents.
- Drives patient satisfaction and maintains client relationships through rounding. Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Supervises, staffs, trains, conducts applicable rounding and manages the performance of the staff on the patient units.
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient population
- Requires at least 2 years experience and 0-2 years in a management role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.