Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Responsible for front of house food and beverage operation in special events, including, event set up, inventories, quality control, staffing, serving operations and over all event execution. Represents ARAMARK Lake Tahoe to all visitors with a cheerful, friendly & enthusiastic attitude while being well groomed and knowledgeable about the food they are serving. Provide an upbeat, memorable experience to each and every guest.
- Works directly with the Event Coordinator, the Sales Manager and Executive Chef to maintain superior food and beverage operation in special events
- Oversees special events operations with an emphasis on attention to detail, service standards, proper staffing levels and training of hourly service staff
- Assist Executive Chef and catering cooks with quality control checks, sanitation systems, staffing, inventories, ordering systems and Department of Health compliance
- Assists Executive Chef in all bar operations including par ordering system, liquor control, inventories, bar sanitation and liquor law compliance
- Ensure all staff are trained in sanitation, safety, T.I.P.S. training and any other applicable on going programs
- Monitor, train and evaluate all catering staff to ensure highest quality of customer service is delivered
- Leads by example in all facets of F&B operation
- Coaches department staff when necessary
- Manages special events schedule and labor costs
- Manages special events bar costs
Status and Scope:
This position reports to the Sales Manager. Requires full understanding and knowledge of food and beverage standards, must be of legal age to serve and handle alcohol, outgoing personality, able to move quickly with glasses, bottles, etc. Must be able to work with a diverse workforce and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Must have 1 – 3 years supervisory experience in hotel or hospitality industry
- Previous experience with food preparation
- Must be 21 or older
- Current TIPS certification or ability to obtain
- Current Serv Safe certification or ability to obtain
Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.