Aramark Healthcare is a leader in providing food, facility, clinical technology and senior living services to nearly 1300 healthcare organizations throughout North America. Our presence is felt throughout the entire healthcare continuum, from patients, visitors and residents, to nurses and physicians. That's why we believe our people are truly our greatest asset. And it's why we're committed to creating an internal culture where the best people want to work - with a dedication to diversity, exceptional career development, competitive benefits and compensation, and generous community initiatives that make a difference.Description:
As a Nutrition Manager you will plan, coordinate and manage all patient/resident nutrition care activities complying with the standards established by Aramark, regulatory agencies and client. You will develop and implement cost effective, profit-generating nutrition programs, function as a member of the multidisciplinary health care team to implement nutrition care plans, and establish and maintain policies, standards and programs for the provision of optimal, cost-effective nutrition care to patients/residents. This includes coordinating and directing all clinical activities and determining and implementing appropriate staffing levels.
- Establishes and maintains policies, standards and programs for the provision of optimal, cost-effective nutrition care to patients/residents. This includes coordinating and directing all clinical activities and determining and implementing appropriate staffing levels.
- Develops goals and objectives for Clinical Nutrition to maintain high quality care.
- Utilizes equipment, resources and programs to provide efficient and high quality care.
- Assists in the performance planning process for Dietitians and Dietetic Interns and interviews, selects and trains employees within the Food and Nutrition Services.
- Participates in the budget process.
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other facility departments to provide a unified approach to patient/resident care.
- Establishes education programs for facility's professional staff (Nursing, pharmacy, medical and surgical residents).
- Develops, implements and documents inservice education programs for Registered Dietitians, Dietetic Interns and other nutrition personnel to provide continuing education and training.
- Engages in and encourages staff to participate in research, submits to professional publications and professional and community lectures.
- Maintains establishes systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal government regulations.
- Maintains compliance with Aramark's standards of operation, client contract and within Aramark's Business Conduct Policy. Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with Aramark/HSS, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
- Maintains registration status through the Commission on Dietetic Registration and Licensure through the state board.
- Maintains professional continuing education annually.
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended.
The position is an experienced nutrition management role, and requires at least 24 months of management experience. CBORD diet office experience helpful.
- Completed a minimum of a bachelor’s degree at a US regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Completed an ACEND-accredited supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency, or a foodservice corporation or combined with undergraduate or graduate studies.
- Pass a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Obtain / Maintain required state licensure to practice dietetics.