About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Under general supervision, supervises and performs the operation of heating, ventilating, air conditioning, plumbing, masonry, electrical and related facilities, as well as the supervision of general maintenance functions, at CPS owned or leased facilities and property. Must meet the following criteria:
Fully meets all elements of the Principal Accountabilities listed below.
Show demonstrable results of job requirements.
Delivers economic results on productivity requirements for designated assignments.
Making positive progress on achieving current required certifications.
- Maintenance worker is responsible for operation of all heating, ventilating, air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, life safety, and swimming pool equipment within his/her work location and maintenance of said areas in order to prevent premature failure. Engineer is to maintain these and any other mechanical equipment or building functions to ensure compliance with City, State, and Federal code.
- Maintenance worker is responsible for and participates in the safe and economical operation of the entire facility property.
- Under direction, the Maintenance Worker supervises and performs routine repairs in client owned or leased facilities and property (i.e. electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Masonry, etc.).
- Support the administration of assigned school by responding to his/her individual requests that arise throughout the day for information, resolution, and inquiry when assigned through the Master Schedule
- Perform annual preventative maintenance plan for responsible facilities including specific schedule and action documentation maintained on the CMMS.
- Set and get approval for annual preventative maintenance plan for responsible facilities. Include specific schedule and action documentation maintained on the CMMS.
- In order to meet specific annual productivity goals: provide cost avoidance reporting, submission of new ideas to area management, effective implementation of outside/approved ideas, provide cost improvement reporting as a continuous tracking tool.
- Develop an annual facilities maintenance plan with the Operations Manager. Provide quarterly updates with corrective action steps when necessary.
- Supplies Management: Comply with purchasing and supply contract requirements.
- Provide quarterly and annual supply usage forecasts.
- Maintain approved inventory.
- Monitor and provide usage reports on all supplies.
- Manages energy conservation, structural pest control, asbestos abatement and other operational problems at the facility.
- Personal attendance tracking (swiping in and out) is consistent with proper payroll procedures at all times.
- Performance evaluation process.
- Coordinate construction and rehabilitation work at the school building when approved
- Services food service area and equipment; consults with education and food services staff.
- Ensure plant security at the school facility during unoccupied hours.
- Perform other duties as required.
SCOPE: Describe the reporting relationships, special skills and abilities required to perform essential job functions.
- Reports to Facilities Operations Manager
- Partners with Project Manager frequently for direction and guidance
- Works in conjunction with other engineers and Chief Engineers
- Able to multi-task functions within the school
- Services school locations via repair work and troubleshooting systems
- May be responsible for multiple buildings or school locations
- Works with sub-contracted trades to complete work if needed
- Meets regularly with school administration and Aramark leadership
- Develops relationships within each school to better serve the staff, students and community
- Problem solving with multiple layers of solutions
- Participates in ongoing development and training.
- Strong focus on safety culture and Aramark safety program in all school locations
- Manages time and resources in a pro-active way
- Works well with others
- Aligns with the Aramark facilities program