Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Food Service Team Leader assists in the daily operations of the front of the restaurant. This position requires employees to supervise and direct staff, cashier, and stock. Team Leads are knowledgeable about the property and the surrounding area and have good customer service skills. This position requires that individuals are attentive, pay attention to detail and help with stocking, cleaning and inventory. Knowledge of retail and cash handling is needed.
• Maintains customer service standards.
• Assigns daily tasks to store staff and ensures that the tasks are performed correctly and in a timely manner while maintaining high standards of customer service.
• Work with Restaurant Manager to utilize complete productivity on the floor at all times.
• Train new hires on systems, overall safety, and job responsibilities
• Full understanding of the Point of Sale system
• Cashier, stock, or order when necessary to expedite the processing of guest’s purchasing.
• Stock the floor in coordination with the appropriate levels of merchandise.
• Follow through with information to team members on new products or procedures
• Interacts with customers for possible merchandising opportunities.
• Follows and implements all Wage and Hour standards/procedures
• In partnership with the Restaurant Manager, may participate in scheduling staff on a weekly basis and determines appropriate break schedules to maximize floor coverage and customer service.
• Follows and implements all emergency procedures.
• Follows Aramark policies and procedures and safety policies.
• May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
• Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned
• Provides training and coaching of excellent salesmanship to encourage a culture of upselling
• Report all lost and found items to Security.
• Responsible for daily cash procedures and operations
• Responsible for opening or closing the store in the absence of a manager
• Enforces the alcohol sale policies and other Aramark policies
• Clean public and/or employee restrooms
• Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope: Position is considered Full-Time, year-round
• 6 months of previous cashiering experience required
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Must have strong verbal, interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be able to read, write, and understand English well
• Must have good computer skills, including POS experience
• Have a basic understanding of math
• Must have problem solving skills
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Equipment Used: POS System, Calculator, Telephone
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
Lifting Requirements: LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING CONSTANT HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING CONSTANT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING FREQUENT