About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Nordic Hiking Guide
POSITION SUMMARY: Includes guiding Mountaineering School clients on snowshoe hikes, as well as teach cross country ski and telemark lessons.
Teach Beginner cross country ski lessons and lead snow shoe hikes.
Keep clients safe in harsh winter environments.
Winter guiding/ski teaching experience is required.
Wilderness First responder certification is required
Fit ski equipment and snowshoes as needed.
Serve as frontline representative of Aramark, and the mountaineering School. Must be able to accurately explain trail conditions, ski equipment and all activity offerings of Yosemite Mountaineering School.
Must be knowledgeable about cross country skiing, including skate skiing, backcountry and telemark skiing.
Must be familiar with climbing and camping equipment and their uses. Must be able to answer questions about all equipment for sale at the Nordic Center accurately, courteously and completely.
Answer any questions regarding Yosemite Mountaineering Programs and make accurate recommendations to customers.
Rent appropriate climbing, hiking, and camping equipment to guests.
Restock and ensure proper pricing of all rental items.
Clean and service facilities as needed.
Help with other duties as needed
- Must be familiar with Aramark operations, documents and policies and procedures.
- Must be familiar with and strictly follow all Yosemite Mountaineering School policies and procedures.
- Must coordinate between guides and clients effectively.
- Must accurately disseminate important information to clients and guides.
- Must make appropriate risk management decisions in stressful situations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Read, understand, and clearly speak English.
- Must possess a minimum current certification in Adult First Aid/CPR, Wilderness First Responder, and a valid U.S. Driver’s License.
- Must be able to hike long distances (10+miles) in the Backcountry
- 2 years of experience hiking/ backpacking in the Backcountry of Yosemite including VI routes
- AMGA Rock Guide Certification course work (Mountain Guide)
- Submission of climbing resume is required (Mountain Guide)
- Strong desire to excel in the recreation and tourism field and demonstrate comfort in an outdoor environment.
- A history of outdoor recreation experience is preferred along with some form of interpretive training.
Equipment Used: Phone, Calculator, Photocopier, backpack, tent, stove
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
Lifting Requirements: MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING OCCASIONAL HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING CONSTANT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT