About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: This position is primarily responsible for small equipment repair, laundry of cleaning supplies, and warehouse organization/maintenance.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Repairs small equipment such as: vacuum cleaner, auto scrubber, carpet extractor, etc.
- Inspects, operates, and/or tests equipment to diagnose machine malfunction
- Repairs or replaces defective equipment and/or parts using hand tools and power tools; reassembles equipment
- Completes all documentation needed in order to meet and exceed Aramark standards to ensure accurate inventory
- Performs routine preventative maintenance to ensure that equipment continues to operate smoothly
- Orders parts, supplies, and equipment
- Records small equipment repair work orders performed and work estimate repair costs
- Provides proper tracking, cleaning, inspection, repair, and delivery of laundry cleaning supplies (i.e. towels, pads, etc.)
- Implements/maintains receiving, washing, drying, and delivery process
- Tracks and records number of laundry items received each day
- Adheres to instructions on how to properly load soiled laundry into a washing machine
- Unloads and transfers items from washer to dryer, sorting as needed
- Visually inspects towels and pads for defects, holes, stains, tears, etc.
- Cleans lint filter after each load
- Distributes clean laundry
- Uses company vehicle to deliver small equipment, laundry, and supplies
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of warehouse
- Completes monthly inventory of supplies
- Notifies management of equipment without a work order and of missing supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- Safe and efficient operation of motor vehicles
- Must possess a valid Driver's License; CDL Driver's License may be required
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years driving experience
- Small equipment repair experience required
- Must be able to read and follow instructions
- Average communication skills (oral and written) are needed
- Targeted Candidate Position Specific Attributes:
- U.A.W. Journeyman Card/U.S. Department of Labor Certificate in Machine Repair/Pipefitter/Millwright.
- Work history includes employment in workplaces that are KPI driven, with individual and team performance measured. Routine training, housekeeping, problem solving, and respect for the individual and the customer are the norm.
- 8+ years experience in their trade in an industrial environment. Work experience must be specifically focused on machine repair/troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and repair of production equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting wood manufacturing machinery such as CNC routers and milling machines, CNC beam & panel saws, CNC edge banders, trimmers, and finishing equipment preferred but not required.
- Experience troubleshooting steel fabrication and manufacturing machinery such as mechanical & hydraulic presses, rollformers, welding systems, CNC metal formers, tube & wire benders, and conveyor systems preferred but not required.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as SAP, or Oracle EAM preferred.
- Competent in use of precision mechanical measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, feeler gauges, and dial indicators.
- Capable of using good judgment, especially in regard to personal safety and the safety of others. Follow all PPE requirements and promote safety in the workplace. Perform all work in a safe manner following safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs, climb and utilize material handling equipment such as forklifts, platform lifts, and aerial lifts. Familiar with Confined Space procedures and ability to work in limited spaces when necessary.
- Some college course work and/or manufacturing classroom training preferred. High school diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Competent in use of all hand and power tools and possess ability to operate machining equipment and welding equipment if needed.
- Experience working in a preventative maintenance role primarily on PM tasks, with trouble shooting and repair of production equipment as needed. Excellent mechanical reasoning skills.
- Must possess a solid background in mechanical and/or electrical repair with the ability to perform installation, alteration, and repair of machinery and components which may or may not be of OEM manufacture. Must evaluate the individual characteristics of OEM and non-OEM components and determine how to synchronize their operation.
- Documented work experience working under a Team Leader in a Team Environment is preferred, working in an off-shift role with minimal direct supervision. Available for coverage for emergency call-ins, scheduled overtime, and open to flexible work schedules and moving from plant to plant based on business needs.