Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Aramark Engineering and Asset Solutions (EAS) provides a variety of architectural and engineering consulting services including energy management, capital project management and building commissioning for educational, cultural, government, healthcare, and private institutions. This talented team uniquely positions Aramark to assist clients in assuring that their assets are optimized and their costs appropriately managed. We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition in the market place. You'll be working with a dynamic team with an impressive track record with $7 Billion in projects commissioned, $4 Billion in capital projects managed and over $400 million in energy savings. (www.aramarktechservices.com)
Capital Program Manager (CPM) is the leader of a team of Project Managers and is responsible for developing the overall vision and direction of a Client’s capital program to manage projects from inception through design, bidding, construction, and closeout. Projects may be managed as Owner’s Representatives or as Design-Builder relationship with Client. It is this individual’s responsibility to assign work to members of the capital team and ensuring the requisite levels of non-resident and resident support from various technical support groups are scheduled and utilized in the support of capital projects. The CPM will have the initial responsibility for monitoring the allocation of manpower against a budgeted staffing plan. In addition to providing a team management role, the CPM is also expected to have responsibility for directly managing a capital project(s) as well as monitor projects’ cost and schedule to meet or exceed the expectations of the Client.
The CPM also acts as a liaison to the Client for Aramark and may have responsibility to collaborate with senior members of the Client organization to develop and implement strategic capital planning processes. This position values diversity by working effectively with people from different viewpoints and backgrounds.
The role includes accountability for the Aramark operations, financial performance, employee retention/development, and overall success of the account(s) assigned.
- Works with Client to develop and implement effective process and procedures for Capital Project delivery.
- Develops and maintains department administrative procedures and reports.
- Manages employee development and staffing
- Manages Aramark financials, meeting targets for assigned account(s).
- Prepares initial responses to project requests for estimates and schedules within short timeframes
- Supervises selection of planners, architects, contractors and other professionals.
- Manages contracted architectural/engineering companies to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Provides direction to consultants engaged in facilities planning; develops and maintains complete set of design standards; reviews and updates to ensure standards meet expectations
- Prepares comprehensive project budgets
- Provides detailed project financial monitoring/tracking/reporting and implementation of web-based project management tool and integration with Client’s reporting system
- Leads project managers and meets with users to determine needs and scope of work
- Reviews documents to ensure consistency with master plans, sector plans, programs, budgets and design standards.
- Administers professional consultant contracts
- Administers General Contractor/Construction Manager and Vendor contracts.
- Works with the Facilities Director and Operations and Maintenance personnel to ensure smooth transitions for project phase to plant operations.
- Coordinates project close-out activities
- Maintains electronic document archival system including establishing and maintaining policies and procedures to align with Client policy
- Manages and keeps up-to-date various building drawings and utility maps.
- Assists the leadership team of Client organization as needed to prepare materials and conduct professional architectural presentations for various senior level meetings and board presentations.
Education / Experience:
- Significant experience in a corporate office project environment desirable
- Minimum of 8-12 years of demonstrated, increased responsibility in providing leadership for a capital program and supervision of a project management team.
- Interior tenant fitout project experience desirable
- Move management and office re-stacking planning and coordination preferred
- Working knowledge of building systems including HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and associated building codes.
- Working knowledge of audio visual, IT and teledata systems design, procurement and installation
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, planning, engineering, or construction management is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and expertise in working with diverse groups of individuals and building partnerships.
- Ability to assess/allocate personnel staffing needs across a variety of project types
- Capable of managing multiple projects concurrently in various stages of development in fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish priority needs in order to provide a high level of service to multiple clients at multiple locations
- Must be an effective communicator, both written and oral, capable of addressing large audiences including board and cabinet members; stakeholder departments; professional constituents and the general public.
- Exceptional judgment, integrity and discretion, and demonstrated ability to manage staff, think strategically, and delivery tactically.
- Willing and able to travel more than 30% of the time to locations through the U.S.