Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
This position will lead all Aramark's capital construction investments (estimated at an annual spend of greater than $500M). The individual will have full oversight and responsibility to ensure all internal construction investment projects are completed on-time and on-budget. He or she will also have responsibility for developing and managing Aramark personnel, necessary partnerships and/or joint ventures with affiliated entities and outside developers in relation to commercial, retail, hospitality, residential or mixed-use real estate projects that support Aramark's strategic investment goals. The VP will be responsible for the planning and development of all funded Aramark construction projects, providing overall leadership for the assembled professional team (design/ construction/ equipment) on behalf of the Business Unit (BU) operations and sales teams, and will be responsible for the quality, budget, and timeline of each project. The VP will oversee and reconcile project performance by way of capital project operational standards, financial protocols and through BU project accounting.
- Lead all project initiatives in support of all Aramark LOB's.
- Lead a team of Aramark professional construction project managers, including training, communication protocols, construction building codes, and turnover processes to operations.
- Assure vendor partner and professional support team relationship is established and functioning around each assigned project.
- Maintain oversight for all projects to ensure they are completed on-time and on-budget.
- Connect and guide the development of design, construction and installation resources, taking actions necessary to ensure performance to food service design standards and to the particular requirements of project scope.
- Negotiate contracts and pricing for local, state and national partners, delivering a 5-10% savings target
- Follow a robust change-order process to ensure minimal impact to budget and timeline
- Utilize and strengthen relationships with vendor and external professional service partners to execute work.
- Work with LOB to monitor contract compliance, budget conformance, and quality control.
- Lead and manage a team of 25+ focusing on high-performance in the areas of client satisfaction, timeline, budget, and compliance
- Measure capital project and project performance compliance with BU action plans and report out as needed.
- Interact with LOB/Sector senior leadership. Lead presentations and support development strategy as assigned.
- Develop, monitor and report on business metrics at various levels throughout a large corporation.
- Collaborates with the Facilities BU around licensing and other shared needs necessary to perform such services.
- Extensive construction leadership and project management, leading multiple projects over varying geographies, is required, with a focus on food service delivery models preferred.
- 10 years minimum experience in food service design and/or related experience in the development of food service environments is preferred.
- An effective leader who creates a productive and engaging team atmosphere in which people work enthusiastically and cooperatively to produce outstanding results.
- Engaging individual with a natural authority to enable him/her to establish leadership presence quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and leverage a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity, and/or change.
- Committed to ensuring that the right people are in the right roles and that individuals feel empowered and supported to reach their potential. Capability to inspire teams to meet challenges and achieve goals with a clear sense of direction and purpose in an ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in partnering across organizational lines in a matrix environment in order to best serve client needs.
- Strong trust, credibility and integrity
- Results oriented
- Navigates ambiguity
- Ability to lead change and to challenge status quo
- Can work and lead virtually
- Strong leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Travel: Domestic and International travel 50 - 75%
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Registration as a professional designer, project manager, engineer or food service consultant is preferred.