About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Reporting to the VP Finance, the Director - Financial Planning & Analysis will primarily be responsible for financial planning, annual forecasts, monthly/quarterly projections, and financial analysis of operating results including internal metrics and benchmarks for the Food lines of service. You will interact regularly with our operating regions and, in particular, our Regional Vice Presidents and Regional Finance Directors. This individual will interact with the Hospitality Senior Leadership Team, including the Sector COO, Business Unit President and will play a key role in the preparation of business operating review documents. This individual will be involved in all planning and overall financial performance of the sector. This role is designed to support Sports & Leisure's strategic succession planning efforts in helping to develop strong talent.
- Supporting and assisting in the strategic planning process
- Coordinating and preparing the annual plan, which includes setting client-specific targets and meeting with COO, Presidents, Regional and Department Vice Presidents to establish goals and targets
- Analyzing and comparing monthly and quarterly financial results and key performance indicators against plan and other internal/external benchmarks, including working capital and cash flow analysis
- Preparing and reviewing monthly and quarterly financial projections on a consolidated and line of services basis
- Assisting in the completion of the quarterly COO and Presidents’ Reports and assisting in the preparation of the monthly Operations Review
- Preparing and presenting periodic performance and financial reports to senior management, including consolidation of information for the Sports & Leisure businesses.
- Directing the preparation of special purpose or ad hoc analyses as required
- Involvement with the on-boarding and development of new Regional Finance Directors (RFDs)
- Liaison to RFDs and other region personnel to monitor and analyze business performance
- Identifying and promoting the sharing of best practices across regions
- Assisting the VP Finance as required and performing other related duties as assigned
- Assessing and providing detailed analysis on turnaround accounts
- Providing leadership and growth opportunities for a team of Financial Analysts and Senior Financial Analysts
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA or MBA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience is required.
- Position requires demonstrated experience at the Director level in a finance or accounting capacity.
- Prior experience leading and developing a staff.
- Position requires excellent interpersonal and communications skills, sound judgment and ability to learn quickly while working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- The ability to effectively use deliberate influence strategies to impact, shape, or re-direct the behaviors of others, without formal authority.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills.