Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Aramark Healthcare is a leader in providing food, facility, clinical technology and senior living services to nearly 1300 healthcare organizations throughout North America. Our presence is felt throughout the entire healthcare continuum, from patients, visitors and residents, to nurses and physicians. That's why we believe our people are truly our greatest asset. And it's why we're committed to creating an internal culture where the best people want to work - with a dedication to diversity, exceptional career development, competitive benefits and compensation, and generous community initiatives that make a difference.
Aramark Healthcare is searching for a Unit Controller/Finance Unit Controller who will oversee all finance and accounting functions for a (XYZ Client) in city, state. Reporting to the DM or GM, the Finance Unit Controller plans, administers and directs all unit activities related to finance and accounting, including Aramark Healthcare and client financial accountability. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monthly financial reporting which includes monthly projections, Weekly Operating Report (WOR), and managing the month-end close process.
- Tracking annual budget performance for the system and working with operations team on identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Compile and review monthly financial and statistical data to perform analysis of operating metrics compared to industry benchmarks to identify and correct operational inefficiencies.
- Developing and documenting key accounting policies and ensuring compliance with the key controls over financial reporting and working capital management.
- Work with operations team to develop the annual Aramark budget as well as the annual client system budget for each managed department.
- Monitor all client billing and ensure timely collections of accounts receivable
- Partner with district leadership team in developing strategic initiatives and ensuring annual business targets are met.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all Aramark and client financial leaders to resolve all financial issues and build strong working partnerships.
- Facilitate ongoing financial trainings for operations managers to develop financial acumen and driver further employee engagement.
- Assisting the Regional Finance Director with region-wide financial cadence of (including projects and initiatives).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field required.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 5 years relevant experience. The ability to plan, direct, and organize accurate and timely reporting and forecasting of financial information. Ability to prepare and analyze balance sheets and income statements as well as investigate variances to plan and projections.
- Successful candidates must be able to compile monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operating information and ensure the accuracy and integrity of all financial reports and internal control requirements.
- Responsible for working with front line manager to develop knowledge and accountability for department financial information.
- Responsible for responding effectively to changing demands.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Financial experience in Hospitality/Food Industry preferred but not required.