About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Responsible for processing and administering all Accounts Payable and any Accounts Payable related transactions for components 8662, 8663 and 0784 in compliance with applicable Aramark policies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Audit Standards (GAAS), and Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 requirements. Responsibilities will include processing purchase orders, processing vendor invoices and statements, processing petty cash, draft checks, reconciling vendor invoices and record keeping.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that all purchase orders are completed in accordance with Aramark’s policies; maintaining accurate purchase order logs; and matching purchase orders with invoices.
- Responsible for ensuring that all invoices are processed and paid in accordance with Aramark's policies.
- Responsible for ensuring that all accounts payable checks are processed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining petty cash fund in accordance with all Aramark's policies.
- Responsible for preparing and recording draft checks in accordance with Aramark's policies.
- Responsible for ensuring that all accounts payable transactions are accounted for in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Maintain all month end accruals for open purchase orders and invoices in accordance with GAAP and Aramark's Accounting Policies.
- Researching and resolving discrepancies between invoices, Purchase Orders and agreed to terms in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Answering vendor inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain all Accounts Payable related files in accordance with Aramark's Document Retention Policies.
- Billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, cash, sales
- Report filin
- Vendor statements
- Merchant connect
- Assist with check distribution
- Union rates, spreadsheets and invoices
- Over/short report
- Allocating process in CaterMate to keep aging up to date
- Keep up with tips and gratuities
- Work with purchasing manager on receiving and purchase orders
- Support for human resources department
- Other duties as assigned.
Status and Scope:
This position reports to the assistant controller. Additionally, the position will work closely with other accounting staff, human resources, sales, retail, food and beverage, and other operating departments.
- Demonstrated organizational and computer operation skills.
- Ability to interpret and follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to interact in a constructively and effectively with a variety of different constituencies.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check
- Ability to prove eligibility to work in the United States
- Must be able to work a Tue-Sat work week
Use of Equipment:
- Walkie Talkie and/or Nextel
- Computer- Word processing, Excel and Presentation Software
- Fax Machine
- Speaker Phone
- Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds