Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for developing and executing culinary solutions to meet customer needs and tastes. Offers a wide variety of culinary solutions to meet customer and client needs and tastes. Oversees and manages culinary operations to meet production, presentation, and service standards. Applies culinary techniques to food preparation and manages the final presentation and service of food.
- The Chef de Cuisine will report directly to the General Manager and Executive Chef.
- The Chef de Cuisine will work with the Executive Chef to interview all perspective kitchen employees. To determine their fitness for an existing job openings. Make recommendation to the General Manager regarding the potential members’ skills and background as they relate to kitchen needs.
- Supervise all kitchen production at Hawthorne and supervise all kitchen team members
- Maintain the highest level of quality standards of all company products; making sure these standards are maintained by all team members
- Be responsible for skill development and growth of existing team paying close attention to the following areas: attendance, appearance, efficient use of time, production, level of cooperation with team leaders, proficiency with kitchen equipment, personal cleanliness, and over all sanitation, reliability, and maintenance of professional behavior at all times.
- Participate directly in the hands on preparation of the menu items as necessitated by the production load on a daily basis, taking complete responsibility for the quality and quantity of food produced by the company.
- Conduct Demonstrations and team meetings to ensure members are following company and industry standards of food preparation.
- Research and develop new menu ideas on regular bases, conducting frequent tasting for sales team for inclusion on future menus.
- Prepare and design plates for major served dinners and luncheons and present them to the General Manager for approval. A picture will be taken for future reference.
- Assure that all party food is loaded on trucks and leaves the kitchen on time.
- Provide Leadership in the kitchen at special events produced by Jackson and Company.
- The Chef de Cuisine will assure that all policies and regulations are clearly explained in both English and Spanish and opportunity for Spanish speaking members to ask questions regarding these policies and they will be made clear during these meetings.
- Conduct a semiannual performance review of all kitchen personnel. A written report must be made with a copy to the personnel and original to the General Manager. Reports are to be made on company forms designed for that purpose.
- The Chef de Cuisine will review each employee personally. (Annual salary reviews are encouraged. The Chef de Cuisine will use the company form designated for that purpose.)
- Check and approve all time cards for accuracy. Submit reconciled time cards to payroll at the end of pay period. Follow closely procedures outlined in the company Guide to Policy and Procedures. Reporting in writing team members who do not perform to his or her expectations. These write ups will be copied and presented to the President to be placed in his or her personnel file.
- Coordinate, plan, participate, and supervise the production, preparation and presentation of food for a unit within the stadium.
- Provide a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive quality products.
- Supervise and participate in the production, preparation and presentation of all foods for unit as assigned by the ARAMARK Executive Chef to ensure that a consistent quality product is produced which conforms to all established standards.
- Interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend discipline as appropriate and perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires at least 2 years experience in culinary operatons
- 1-2 years in a management role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience