About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Office Worker – HR/Finance
Job Summary: This individual works closely with Human Resources and Accounting to assist with any task and office duties. Cash handling will be an important part of the role and this person is also responsible for assisting managers with administrative tasks such as ordering inventory and logging invoices.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices, reports and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Compiles weekly and monthly operating reports, detailing and revenue, expenses and inventories.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Monitors accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Human Resource duties:
- Properly sorts paychecks on a bi-weekly basis for distribution to multiple locations.
- Assist applicants with post offer (pre-hire) paperwork.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation, including required new hire paperwork.
- Maintain employee files.
- Processes all employee new hire and employee changes
- Assist employees with any general questions.
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Supports the recruitment process by scheduling interviews
- Manage hourly staffing including sourcing applications, posting jobs, completing the staffing update, and sending rejection notices.
- Create and maintain the hourly job board
- Assist with College Relations efforts including career fairs, interviews, and Aramark sponsored recruiting events
- Create and maintain up-to-date hourly job descriptions
- New Hire Paperwork/Onboarding
- Responsible for producing new hire packets, managing new hire paperwork, checking all completed packets for compliance
- Create and maintain an hourly on-boarding program for all new hires
- Responsible for constantly evaluating the new hire processes and providing feedback and suggestions for simplification and streamlining policies and procedures.
Additional Job Functions:
- Complete special projects as needed
- Complete any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team
- Performs various clerical duties (e.g., sorting, filing, data entry).
- Prepare and maintain employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality.
- Maintain up-to-date phone list
- Manage issuing employee uniforms
- Checking mailroom daily and sorting out deliveries by department
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Enter data and process invoices in Prima
- Maintain unit invoice logs
- Analyze inventory and production results on weekly inventory report
- Maintain files at the location
- Request promotional materials from the marketing department
- Complete production sheets
- Monitor submission of inventory counts and payroll hours by specified weekly deadlines
- Prepare communication materials for the hourly staff including, but not limited to: bulletin boards, schedules, memos, etc.
- Ability to multi-task
- Maintain a professional image
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, organization skills, and attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years work experience in food service
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
Work Environment: Unit offices, back-of-house. Involves repetitive motion.