About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Supervise and coordinate all grounds activities in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Direct and supervise employees engaged in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the grounds. Coordinate the activities of grounds personnel in the preservation, development and care of all grounds.
- Direct and supervise all routine grounds keeping operations, and special projects
- Prepare the daily work assignment of each grounds crew and instruct the Lead Groundskeepers in carrying out their assignment
- Daily allocate the proper equipment and materials to each Lead Groundskeeper
- Inspect the performance of job assignments daily to make certain that they are being carried out properly. Supervise plan and direct schedules work and established procedures
- Conduct inspections of facilities and equipment to insure compliance with safety, sanitation and operating standards. Initiate corrective action when necessary
- Coordinate projects with outside contractors
- Conduct training programs for departmental employees on effective operation and compliance with departmental and regulatory agency requirements
- Make authoritative recommendations concerning the hiring, advancement, discipline and discharge of employees
- Handle employee grievances in accordance with established policies, procedures, and union contract, making every effort to settle grievances at the lowest step.
- Maintain departmental logs and records
- Assist in the preparation of departmental objectives, capital budget, and programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Position requires that the individual have a high school degree or G.E.D.
- Must have at least (5) years’ experience in technical knowledge of grounds equipment, chemicals, mowing, trees, shrubs, and flower maintenance procedures.
- Must have the ability to solve problems and respond to various request and situations that arise: must be able to lead and coach other employees.
- Position requires the individual to have a current driver’s license in order
- to operate a department vehicle and equipment.