Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
• Performs routine tasks using standard procedures and equipment.
• Loads trays, racks and boxes with bakery products on to a trailer in preparation for distribution. May also have to repack and/or rebuild stacks or trays.
• May operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey or hoist bakery products to loading area.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments. Signs off on counts of incoming shipments.
• Rejects damage items, records shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
• Assists in quality control of all products by examining outgoing shipments to ensure they meet client specifications. Signs off on counts of outgoing shipments.
• Practices and complies with all OSHA Regulations, Company policies and procedures including safety and work rules, etc.
• Knows and follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Quality Policies as related to job and duties.
• Maintains cleanliness of work area.
• Performs other job duties as directed by supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/REQUIREMENTS
Mobility: – Physically capable of movement to all inside and outside areas of the plant. Ability to climb on and exit from equipment. Ability to climb up and down ladders. Ability to push/pull wheeled carts (145 lbs. – 425 lbs.) a distance of up to 300 feet and lifting 50 pounds. Ability to stand for a minimum of eight (8) hours and a maximum of twelve (12) hours on a daily basis. Ability to routinely stoop, bend and lift 50 lbs. for a period of 8 - 12 hours as applicable on a daily basis.
Sensory: Ability to distinguish color coded tags, equipment, containers, labels, signs and products. Ability to visually inspect equipment. Generate written communication; make accounts receivable entries, operate computer keyboard and other required office equipment. Ability to add and subtract utilizing basic mathematical skills to confirm product orders.
Communication: Speech and hearing abilities that allows the individual to communicate clearly and distinctly to team members and customers in English. Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs and warnings.
Other: Ability to wear and use approved, applicable safety equipment as needed, such as gloves, bump caps, earplugs, etc. Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, operating policies and procedures.
Must meet and maintain FDA food and safety and handling requirements and other government and/per customer requirements including following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect effect on product safety, legality and/or quality.