Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Position Summary: General Manager will be responsible for the development & growth of a large management team and 50 hourly employees. The GM will also focus on meeting and exceeding operating and financial goals, client objectives, KPI metrics, and customer needs. The GM will have daily interaction with the client, client's customers and employees. This individual will be focused on ensuring operational excellence in the delivery of the services Aramark is contracted to provide at the account.
- Demonstrates a high level of visionary leadership, balanced judgment and disciplined execution
- Process-focused and decisive to ensure effective execution of all strategies/initiatives to meet company & client needs with a high standard of excellence, urgency & predictability
- Relentless commitment to safety excellence; demonstrates behaviors that drive a Safety-First core value; fosters a culture where every team member is empowered & supported to achieve a work environment without exposures and incidents…where No One Gets Hurt
- Creates a great employee work environment & inspires teamwork and partnership at all levels – internally and externally
- Is a visible servant leader, leading from the heart to serve, encourage, support and lift others up, while role modeling the Aramark Mission – deliver experiences that enrich & nourish lives
- Intense focus on our Values – Sell & Serve with Passion; Front Line First; Set Goals. Act. Win.; Integrity and Respect Always
- General Manager reports directly to the District Manager.
- Manage all facets of the organization including full P&L responsibility and controlling assets with operating revenue of $6M annually
- Ensures the effective implementation of the comprehensive NY Safety Plan, leveraging BST/S2S and client safety platforms, driving full compliance of all health & safety rules, guidelines and protocols
- Optimize financial performance, process accuracy and logistics productivity by conducting operational audits and ensuring a high level of execution and compliance
- Prepare and manage the distribution center/commissary business plans and contingency plans, which establish operational goals and predictable outcomes
- Drive operational efficiencies, labor/scheduling productivity, and vehicle Fleet/DOT compliance
- Drive a positive work environment and utilize effective communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Responsible for the training, development and performance management of all distribution center/commissary personnel, operations managers and associates
- Deliver strong operational performance by ensuring compliance with Aramark Facilities Services and regulatory agency standards and programs and translating corporate strategy into front line operational tactics
- Lead recruitment and development of team ensuring high performance, talent succession planning, optimal staffing and employee engagement
- Establishes and maintains effective communications and business relationships with clients/customers
- Ensure that client objectives are fully met by maintaining active customer relationships including formal structured monthly business reviews
- Candidates must also possess at least 5-7 years of experience with multi-site facilities management in an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Total managed volume greater than 10 million dollars and P&L management experience in the facilities/logistics industry is required
- Ideal candidates will possess a high-energy level that is communicated to the team they will lead
- Demonstrate proven success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and considerable negotiation skills are also needed to drive results
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is a key success measure
- Previous profit and loss accountability experience, and a proven track record of growing accounts is essential
- Union experience preferred.
- Highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills and experience are essential for success in this role
- Candidates must possess a demonstrated attention to detail and ability to lead directly and through influence
- Prior experience training, mentoring and developing management level staff is required; experience leading 50+ person staff is preferred
- 4 year degree from an accredited university/college