Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the guestrooms and lounge areas to meet guest satisfaction.
- Deliver linens and other supplies to room attendants. Maintain cleanliness and organization of floor closets and vending areas.
- Respond to guests' requests such as delivery of housekeeping supplies in a timely and efficient manner. Clean other designated areas such as public restrooms, fixtures, vending areas, storage areas, and other public areas for assigned floors.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping. May collect newspaper and other items for recycling
- Restock all supplies that are needed in the rooms.
- Report all maintenance problems for guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for keys assigned to them.
- Responsible for turning in all lost and found articles to the Housekeeping Office to be logged.
- Assist guests with baggage
- Comply with all Aramark and the client’s policies and procedures.
- Follow all of Aramark’s safety and sanitation policies.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and/or overtime.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Furthermore, tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings.
- Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by dept. managers for each dept. during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings.
- Employee will have no less than 1 performance review per year to include an evaluation of performance standards as they relate to work instructions addressing their department’s environmental aspects. Employee will be aware of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance.
- Previous housekeeping/front desk experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English.
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds