Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
We are currently seeking a Facilities Director to support our Maintenance Operations. The Facilities Director - Maintenance is responsible to support for a 1.5 million+ square-footage of space consisting of 8 buildings in the great Milwaukee, Wisconsin region. Assists the Facilities General Manager for planning, administering and directing all unit activities related to facility maintenance and engineering services, including Aramark and client financial accountability, and compliance with the standards established by Aramark, regulatory agencies and client. Provide excellent customer service to Client and ensure safe, professional, and comfortable work environment through proper and regular maintenance and operation of building and building services. Work under the direction and supervision of the Facilities General Manager.
- Maintains a friendly, efficient, and positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients, and co-workers; anticipative of and responsive to customer needs. Deliver and model WEST as the foundation for delivering excellent customer service.
- Provide facilities support for approximately 5000+- associates and consultants in a 1.5 million+ square-foot office/IT facilities consisting of 8 buildings.
- Perform regular walkthroughs to make sure the facility is clean and well-maintained. May need to personally touch up, vacuum or clean/wipe down items as needed.
- Assist Facility General Manager with supervision in the activities of contractors.
- Receive and respond to facilities requests. Requests include personnel moves, facilities maintenance, event and meeting set ups and take down, etc. Plan for resources to ensure that requests are accommodated, following processes and guidelines. Work toward completion of tasks and communicate status.
- Partner with key client team members, service providers, contractors, and subcontractors. Provides periodic work clarification to custodial & facilities vendors.
- Supports team with installs, inspections, tests, operations, and repairs of all refrigeration and related equipment for preserving food, making ice, cooling water, air conditioning, heating, and ventilation
- Ensures the calibration, repairs, and maintaining of all pneumatic control systems and related equipment is completed by team
- Supports cleaning and maintenance of grills, ducts, and shaft ways in A/C, ventilating, and exhaust systems
- Demonstrates knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and refrigeration codes and practices; coordinates work between and with other trades
- Interprets schematic drawings, plans, specifications, and diagrams relating to the installation, repair, and/or maintenance of equipment
- Performs on-call duties, as they are scheduled, and maintains communication status when on-call
- Ensures preventative maintenance as scheduled and records the same
- Responds to any emergency situation as required and is responsible for snow removal
- Maintains critical inventory needed to keep operations running; maintains and accounts for tools used
- Attends seminars, gatherings, and schools for advancement of HVAC and refrigeration skills
- This experience is normally acquired through completion of a post-high school HVAC/R or building services program of instruction of two or more years in duration and three or more years of related experience in the HVAC/R industry and in the operation of Central Monitoring and Control Systems. (other experience and trade related apprenticeship or certification can be evaluated against this criteria).
- Coaches employees by creating a shared understanding about what needs to be achieved and how it is to be achieved. Reward and recognize employees the Encore, Encore program.
- Lead and ensure safety and sanitation standards in maintenance operation.
- Assist with planning and information as the standard selling model (STAR) is utilized with client interactions.
- Assist the Facilities General Mgr. in monthly financial activities, such as monthly reporting, organizational budget, invoice tracking/processing, and in measuring the performance of equipment and vendor services.
- Assist the Facilities Mgr. in creating and improving processes and in utilizing tools to add value to services for Client.
- PM List: Oversight of content, schedule and ensure checks area completed, reported and recorded
- Oversee data collection & dissemination to site contacts through the onsite CMMS and Service Channel [daily].
- New users
- maintenance including site, vendor contact, and workflow updates
- SC requests and perform follow up as needed until closure
- Migrate vendors to Service Channel
- Follow company procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Lead, mentor, engage and develop teams to maximize their contributions, including recruiting, assessing, training, coaching and managing performance.
- Oversight of archiving service documents for Kohl's and Aramark
- Ensure routine site walks using checklist and schedule follow up work as needed
- Oversee training programs for maintenance (took out housekeeping as they will not be involved in that side)
- Ensure transition of equipment covered under warranty to equipment Aramark services
- Create scope templates for contract bids, gather and present bids to Kohl's
Perform other duties as assigned by Facilities General Manager
- In case of emergency, perform duties as assigned.
- Back up to Facility General Manager
Status and Scope:
Special Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Read, interpret and follow manufacturer’s installation and maintenance documentation.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Listening skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills
- Work under direct supervision of the Facility General Manager.
- Select a variety of established procedures to accomplish assigned task.
- Create logical thinking and personal judgment to perform a variety of office tasks which require special skills and knowledge.
- Arrive at sound decisions based on company policy and one’s own professional judgment.
- Ability to follow policies & instructions without close supervision.
- Capability to plan your own work and sometimes the work of others.
- Capacity to interact & communicate with people daily.
Demonstrate solution driven work ethic
A partner with Kohl's teams and their vendors
Strong communication skills are critical
• Position requires a 4 year college degree and curriculum to have been in HVAC / Refrigeration or two (1-3) years’ experience in HVAC leadership in some capacity
• Minimum five (10) years’ experience within the HVAC and Refrigeration trade required
• Extensive knowledge of HVAC and Refrigeration theory and practice for the repair and maintenance of corresponding systems and equipment
• EPA 608 certified as Universal Technician (Refrigeration & A/C)
• Knowledge of computers and computerized energy management systems required
• Must have recent experience using Building Automation Systems, preferably CBRE/ESI system.