About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: While working under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician will perform daily building maintenance duties including, but not limited to, plumbing leaks and stoppages, lighting repairs/replacement, minor electrical replacements, minor HVAC troubleshooting and reporting, structural component repairs (carpentry), and general duties.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manuals, manufacturers' specifications or supervisor's instructions, using hand and power tools, precision measuring, or testing devices; responsible for complete maintenance in areas of assignment.
- Observes and adjusts a wide variety of mechanical machines and devices to assure proper operation. This equipment includes pumps, motors, air handling units, refrigeration and air compressors, and laboratory equipment.
- Monitors and logs information from meters, gauges, equipment controls, valve conditions, switch settings and the energy management and control system in accordance with assigned procedures.
- Dismantles machines and devices for servicing, repair, or replacement of parts.
Adjusts devices, instruments, belts, Lubricates and cleans pumps, motors, fans, machinery, equipment, and operating hardware.
- Regulates steam or hot water equipment in mechanical rooms, offices, laboratories, residence areas, etc.; adjusts valves, thermostats, and dampers.
- Assists other mechanics when directed.
- Performs repair, replacement, or installation operations as required by work order in general maintenance and mechanical trades including HVAC, plumbing, and electrical.
- Must be able to perform duties requiring overhead work and use of ladder, both inside and outside.
- Possesses general operating knowledge of mechanical equipment, boilers and air conditioning systems and is capable of making minor repairs and adjustments
- Monitors entire central loop system including equipment and confined spaces for intrusions, defects and changed conditions and initiates corrective actions in accordance with assigned procedures.
- Routinely documents in plant operations logbook compliance with assigned procedures noting the details including the date and times.
- Works effectively with others including subcontract personnel to accomplish assigned work safely, reliably and cost effectively.
- Reports unsafe conditions or building or equipment damage to supervisors. Performs other related and unrelated duties.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists other departments in other duties and locations as assigned during campus emergencies.
- Routinely inspect mechanical areas for preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance including water treatment issues.
Troubleshoot steam/ condensate systems for problems and chilled and heating water hydronic piping systems for flow problems
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Working knowledge of production and facility equipment and devices.
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to learn maintenance skills.
- Demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to negotiate machine custody and service schedules.
- Skills in using predictive maintenance techniques and root cause analysis of equipment failures.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to non-technical or production operators.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Knowledge of the operating practices of preventive maintenance.