About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: Provide continuous monitoring of all public areas. Making repairs of minor damage to walls, cleaning areas, changing stained ceiling tiles and other associated tasks to provide a clean comfortable and pleasing atmosphere.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a friendly, efficient, and positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and, co-workers; is responsive to customer needs.
- Promptly makes repairs and immediately initiates appropriate corrective action.
- Responsible for timely completion of all work requests.
- Responsible to perform a variety of general maintenance, repair, overhaul, and construction duties.
- Provides appropriate repairs to damaged walls and other public areas.
- Performs routine maintenance to ensure the functionality of equipment and the safety of patients, employees, and guests.
- Conscientiously performs routine inspection of all equipment throughout the building complex.
- Completes all required reporting documentation to ensure accurate record of activities.
- Accurately and legibly accounts for productive time using the specified work request process and turns completed work request in for data entry in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains technical skills to perform maintenance and repairs.
- Maintains compliance with Aramark’s standards of operation, client, and within Aramark’s Business Conduct Policy; maintains all records and reports necessary to regulations and codes.
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended.
- Maintains critical inventory needed to keep operations running; maintains and accounts for tools issued.
- Performs general building maintenance including, light wall repairs, painting, light plumbing, changing light bulbs, remove foreign items from light fixtures, and needed housekeeping items.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Performs all other related duties.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
- Ability to apply elementary math functions.
- Ability to work well under time constraints.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Minimum five years’ experience as a Carpenter/ Painter required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in carpentry, drywall, painting, millwork, and mechanical equipment/systems such as pumps, motors, fans, air handling units, etc.
Must have experience in Formica and cabinetry.
Hospital environment experience preferred.