Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Aramark Education provides a complete range of food, facility, uniform and other support services to more than 500 K-12 school districts in the U.S. It offers public and private education institutions a family of dining and facility services including: on-site and off-site breakfast and lunch meal programs, after-school snacks, catering, nutrition education, retail design and operations, maintenance, custodial, grounds, energy management, construction management, and building commissioning. For more information on Aramark's K-12 food service programs, please visit www.aramarkschools.com.
The Unit Finance Controller will be responsible for developing and implementing systems for all accounting and finance functions such as payroll, forecasting, budget and other necessary functions. This professional prepares all required month-end financial reports and reconciliations for a school district and Aramark.
- Will assist in the preparation of the annual budget for a high volume account
- Prepares managerial accounting reports to monitor the performance of areas such as labor cost, direct cost, revenues, expenses, and profit by area of responsibility
- Develops relationships with client accounting staff, auditors, and the Department of Education
- Monitors projects, recalculates and analyzes expenses charged to Aramark by client personnel.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs the meal application department. Assists federal, state, and local auditors to gather documentation and explains applicable accounting procedures.
- Assists federal, state, and local auditors to gather documentation and explain applicable accounting procedures. Responds to audit findings and coordinates corrective action.
- Monitors all accounting data to select sights for internal compliance audits using analytical procedures and independent judgment; coordinates the internal audits and disposition
- Maintains compliance with Aramark standards of operations for services - especially guidelines for food handling and storage and Aramark Business Conduct Policy.
- Maintains all records and reports as necessary to comply with Aramark Education, government and accrediting agency standard, regulation and codes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related study
- 3-5 years of previous finance/accounting experience
- Experience in financial analysis and month end close, general bookkeeping experience such as GL and AP/AR.
- 70% of work is financial analysis and trend reporting and 30% of job is accounting
- The ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, or others is required
- Must have some experience in community relations
- The ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference is required
- Strong management and leadership skills in addition to good planning and organization skills. Must have strong interpersonal and analytical skills, ability to quickly adapt technology solutions
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- The ability to:
- read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
- use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
- analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
- make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts.
- deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
- plan and organize the work of others.
- change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- speak and write clearly.
- accept the full responsibility for managing an activity.