About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Biomedical Equipment Co-op maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan and the Aramark Healthcare Technologies Program. Performs a variety of routine tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of a limited scope of biomedical equipment under the guidance and direct supervision of an experienced BMET.
- Works with an experienced BMET in the installation, maintenance, and repair of biomedical equipment.
- Consults with higher level authority for resolution of difficult issues.
- Conducts departmental rounds with customers to promote communication and learn operations.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Repairs, tests and calibrates equipment according to manufacturers’ recommendations and other established guidelines.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with current policies and procedures, including equipment inspection, minor repairs and planned maintenance, all under the appropriate supervision.
- Assists in the ordering of parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of medical equipment.
- Completes assigned work in a timely manner.
- Prioritizes work load effectively.
- Shows initiative, follows established procedures, and works in a safe manner.
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation required by management, as outlined in current policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates initiative and concern for planning, time utilization and cost containment.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Currently enrolled in AS Biomed technology program or BS biomedical Engineering program.
- Possesses knowledge of electrical safety theory, and performs electrical safety testing on biomedical instrumentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Listening skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook required).