Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Aramark Engineering Solutions (ES) provides a variety of architectural and engineering consulting services including energy management, capital project management and building commissioning for educational, cultural, government, healthcare, and private institutions. This talented team uniquely positions Aramark to assist clients in assuring that their assets are optimized and their costs appropriately managed. We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition in the market place. You'll be working with a dynamic team with an impressive track record with $7 Billion in projects commissioned, $3 Billion in capital projects managed and over $400 million in energy savings. (www.aramarktechservices.com)
Project Manager (PM) manages projects from inception through design, bidding, construction, and closeout. This position is responsible to manage the work of Architects, Engineers, Builders, and other project consultants. It is this individual’s responsibility to ensure the requisite levels of non-resident and resident support from various technical support groups are scheduled and utilized in the support of capital projects. The PM is expected to have responsibility for directly managing a capital project(s) as well as monitor projects’ cost and schedule to meet or exceed the expectations of the client.
The PM also acts as a liaison to the institution for Aramark and is responsible to collaborate with senior members of an institution to develop and implement strategic capital planning processes. This position values diversity by working effectively with people from different viewpoints and backgrounds.
- Schematic planning through design, construction and closeout. Manage diverse group of constituents to initiate and deliver projects of high aesthetic and functional quality, with very aggressive budget and schedule parameters.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various locations within or outside a given geographic area.
- Conduct feasibility analysis for project requests and prepare comprehensive project budgets.
- Coordinate technical activities on assigned projects.Solicit and review consultant and contractor proposals.
- Manage consultants and contractors to meet project parameters as contracted.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct engineering, design, and management of projects.
- Prepare and manage project programs, budgets, and schedules.
- Monitor work for compliance with applicable codes, industry standards, best practices, Aramark standards, and contract requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and provide creative solutions pertaining to engineering, design, and construction means, methods, and materials.
- Extensive knowledge of project financial monitoring/tracking/reporting
- Acts as liaison with contracted architectural/engineering companies to ensure plan is being adhered to and needs met.
- Supervises selection of planners, architects, contractors and other professionals.
- Provides direction to consultants engaged in project planning; develops and maintains complete set of design standards; reviews and updates to ensure standards meet expectations.
- Lead project managers and meet with users to determine needs and scope of work; monitors construction budgets.
- Reviews documents to ensure consistency with budget and scope
- Construction oversight responsibilities.
- Coordination of project close-out activities
- Develops and maintains department administrative procedures and reports.
- Assists the leadership team of an institution as needed to prepare materials and conduct professional architectural presentations for various senior level meetings
- Utilizes E-Builder project management software to track all project activities for assigned projects and prepares reports to monitoring schedules, budgets and contract compliance.
Education / Experience:
- Experience in a higher education environment desirable
- Minimum of 4-8 years of demonstrated, increased responsibility in providing leadership for capital projects.
- Academic planning and scenario development experience desirable
- Formal education in architecture, planning, engineering, or construction-related program is highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and expertise in working with diverse groups of individuals and building partnerships.
- Ability to establish priority needs in order to provide a high level of service
- Must be an effective communicator, written and oral, capable of addressing large audiences including board and cabinet members; faculty, staff and students; professional constituents and the general public.
- Exceptional judgment, integrity and discretion, and demonstrated ability to think strategically, and delivery tactically.
- Willing to travel more than 30% of the time